• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of broadhead?

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
As the title states, what kind of broadhead do you use?

I myself use some old school Satellite 4C 145 grain broadheads and Satellite Aero 145 grain, six blade heads with only two blades installed when using my recurve. These broadheads are probably older than some of the members on ODT, but they work quite well.
My Daughter's crossbow will be launching Rage 2 blades, 2" cut.

image.jpg

Last edited:
As the title states, what kind of broadhead do you use?

I myself use some old school Satellite 4C 145 grain broadheads and Satellite Aero 145 grain, six blade heads with only two blades installed when using my recurve. These broadheads are likely to be older than some of the members on ODT, but they work quite well.
My Daughter's crossbow will be launching Rage 2 blades, 2" cut.
Ill post up some pics later.
I've used Spitfire 100 grain for years. I tried a pack of Rages 2 years ago and never again will they fly out of my bow. I guess the rubber band broke on one and it hit the dirt about 2 feet in front of the deer. To this day I have clue what happened there, the second broadhead hit a deer 15 yard broadside shot complete pass through with very little blood. It looked like a real good shot when I took it. Deer standing still and nothing in the way, never found the deer. The third head hit a real big 6 point that should have been an 8 and I found good blood for maybe 50 yards then nothing after that, deer gone. Maybe we could chalk it up to bad shooting but I think it was more than that. Every year when I shoot spitfires the deer go down. Between 6-8 deer a year fall to them. I'll never buy rage again.

Wow. Rage did really well for me years ago. There are a lot of knock offs out there now.
I got them from Wally world, the only reason I got em is they didn't have my spitfires. That was just what happened with me, if you use them good luck. If your getting new ones check out Spitfire's and you won't look back.

I got them from Wally world, the only reason I got em is they didn't have my spitfires. That was just what happened with me, if you use them good luck. If your getting new ones check out Spitfire's and you won't look back.
I've seen the Spitfires at work before. They do a lot of damage. I may lean toward using them instead.

I shot Spitfires for a season and was not happy with their performance. I've shot G5 T3's for the past couple of seasons, but the clips on them get to be a pain in the *** after a while. I decided I wanted to try a fixed blade head, so I'm going to be shooting QAD Exodus 125's this year.

Back
Top Bottom