• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of broadhead?

I shot Spitfires for a season and was not happy with their performance. I've shot G5 T3's for the past couple of seasons, but the clips on them get to be a pain in the *** after a while. I decided I wanted to try a fixed blade head, so I'm going to be shooting QAD Exodus 125's this year.
I looked at those last year. Looks like it will be a good head to use.

Spitfire did the trick tonight.
DSC01066.JPG
DSC01067.JPG

grim reaper and will never change .....my brother in law uses rage and has been thinking of changing because of failure to open ...i have had 1 blade fail to open using the grim reapers and the two blades dropped her where she stood !
As the title states, what kind of broadhead do you use?

I myself use some old school Satellite 4C 145 grain broadheads and Satellite Aero 145 grain, six blade heads with only two blades installed when using my recurve. These broadheads are probably older than some of the members on ODT, but they work quite well.
My Daughter's crossbow will be launching Rage 2 blades, 2" cut.

View attachment 540387
grim reaper and will never change .....my brother in law uses rage and has been thinking of changing because of failure to open ...i have had 1 blade fail to open using the grim reapers and the two blades dropped her where she stood !

I've used Spitfire 100 grain for years. I tried a pack of Rages 2 years ago and never again will they fly out of my bow. I guess the rubber band broke on one and it hit the dirt about 2 feet in front of the deer. To this day I have clue what happened there, the second broadhead hit a deer 15 yard broadside shot complete pass through with very little blood. It looked like a real good shot when I took it. Deer standing still and nothing in the way, never found the deer. The third head hit a real big 6 point that should have been an 8 and I found good blood for maybe 50 yards then nothing after that, deer gone. Maybe we could chalk it up to bad shooting but I think it was more than that. Every year when I shoot spitfires the deer go down. Between 6-8 deer a year fall to them. I'll never buy rage again.
man pops went to a yard sell and bought me a store closeout of older bow stuff (new stuff ) i have brand new packs of split fires if your interested ,4 packs of 125 ,2 packs of 85 and 1 pack of 100 grain

Back
Top Bottom