• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what kind of rifle or AR suppressor build do you get the most use out of?

What you really want/need to know is that 22lr needs to be serviceable (nasty round with soft lead), centerfire rifle cans are non-serviceable, and centerfire pistol cans can be either. Any of the multi-cal cans will work; but you will have a trade off somewhere in either performance or weight.

One last thing to consider in the NFA game is how they mount and how many mounts you will need. I have only direct thread on cans and no QD mounts. Some of the QD specialty mounts can easily run $100+ (and a lot more) a piece for the can. Also, some of the mounts have been a PITA to find at any price. I would suggest that you try to find a couple of people with cans and go shooting to see what you really want. The only other thing I can say is get what you want because these are basically lifetime purchases. The whole process has to start over for the next person if you try to sell one.

I have a few pistol cans, but I don't use them a whole lot; still glad I have them though and fun when I break them out. My favorite is my 30 cal can on my 300 blk; so freakin' quiet, especially with subs! I would say though, the one I get the most use out of is my 10.5" suppressed Colt! Love this gun and I train with it a lot! Here's a pic of it after I got it Cerakoted. This gun is freakin' nasty!

14.jpg

looking to hear some options , as this will be my first suppressor build..
what do you guys get the most use out of?
do you have a rig you hunt multiple animals with??

post pics if you have them
I have a Spectre II 22 can that gets the most use, I can also use it hunting small game. I also have an ARC 30 that's awesome and this deer season will be getting some use as well. I love to shoot it but feeding it is the expensive part. About set up for loading 300 blk and soon as that happens it will be getting played with a lot more.

7.5" 5.56 SBR ADAMS ARMS PISTON UPPER AND A .30 CAL CAN FROM CHESTATEE FIREARMS.
BABY GUN 2.jpg

12.5" 5.56 SBR FAXON ARAK-21 PISTON UPPER, .30 CAL CHESTATEE FIREARMS CAN.
IMG_20150328_163845_857.jpg

Back
Top Bottom