• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What kind of snake is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is immature or young rat snake... they eat what they're named after. In the US, with the exception of the coral snake, poisonous snakes are pit vipers. Their head will be as wide or wider than their bodies and it makes their neck look too small in proportion, and they have "cat eyes" rather than round pupil eyes. You can also see the "pit", like a large nostril, on either side of their head between the eye and mouth.

Tuesday of last week i moved a piece of tin out of a yard, and 4 run out on me, about the same size

1 identical to this one
1 black snake about the same size
2 orangish/brown ones

I yelled obscenities for awhile that day, i wore my arms out swinging a stick at them that day

Friday i killed another 1 identical to this one
Checking a tire out, kneeled down in a driveway and he came up a foot away from me like he owned the place, i skint my elbow up trying to get away from him

tlw1179:958475 said:
Tuesday of last week i moved a piece of tin out of a yard, and 4 run out on me, about the same size

1 identical to this one
1 black snake about the same size
2 orangish/brown ones

I yelled obscenities for awhile that day, i wore my arms out swinging a stick at them that day

Friday i killed another 1 identical to this one
Checking a tire out, kneeled down in a driveway and he came up a foot away from me like he owned the place, i skint my elbow up trying to get away from him
Sounds like you killed all non venomous snakes. Alrighty then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom