• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What kind of snake is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrational fear of snakes irks me. I say this on every thread. You have just posted on a public message board that you are guilty of a misdemeanor here in the State of GA. It is illegal to kill non-venomous snakes in GA. Why? Because every barefooted redneck in GA does the same. That is not a copperhead or hognose - it is an Eastern Garter and probably pregnant by the looks of it.
srelherp.uga.edu_snakes_pics_thasir3.jpg

womsterr:958625 said:
Irrational fear of snakes irks me. I say this on every thread. You have just posted on a public message board that you are guilty of a misdemeanor here in the State of GA. It is illegal to kill non-venomous snakes in GA. Why? Because every barefooted redneck in GA does the same. That is not a copperhead or hognose - it is an Eastern Garter and probably pregnant by the looks of it.
This is why I posted what I did earlier.

While I would agree it looks gravid, the nose sure looks like a hog nose as does the pattern. Either way, it is clearly non venomous.

I really don't care if the whole world knows i committed a misdemeanor , i will gladly pay my fine (which can't be no more than a slap on the wrist) and i will continue to kill everyone i encounter. Ever since that encounter with a rattler i been that way, i used to play with black snakes and copperheads, hold them down , pick them up . . . . not no more. Call it what you want , being a sissy , girlie . . whatever, it doesn't bother me.

I really don't care if the whole world knows i committed a misdemeanor , i will gladly pay my fine (which can't be no more than a slap on the wrist) and i will continue to kill everyone i encounter. Ever since that encounter with a rattler i been that way, i used to play with black snakes and copperheads, hold them down , pick them up . . . . not no more. Call it what you want , being a sissy , girlie . . whatever, it doesn't bother me.
i don't blame ya man. venomous or not snakes are dangerous around the work place. i kill em at work all the time. and around the house. in the woods or out on the lake or river i leave em alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom