• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What knives should i carry in a store??

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
hey yall, your boy has a counter set up Atlanta Rifleworks Atlanta Rifleworks in Loganville

ive got it stocked right now, mostly with knives i would use and carry at great prices.....but im not everyone so i wanted to field the question of what knife style or manufacture youd want to see in a smaller gun store (its impossible for me to stock it all and i like to focus on certain ones)

what we carry thus far
-spyderco
-kabar
-morakniv
-cold steel
-Mr. stabby OTF (ohh ya!!)
-glock field knives

knife brands i want to carry
-opinel
-bradley balisong
-protec auto
-case or buck knife

i also need a multitool so looking at stocking leatherman wave and rebar

since i already carry spyderco i decided not to stock benchmade. i also personally dont care for kershaw but they have a large following so i may put a few in the case. and i DONT like crkt but they have a few interesting models

what would you guys want to see?

Attachments

• 813FBC2C-9C9F-483B-B007-D022961280A3.jpeg
    813FBC2C-9C9F-483B-B007-D022961280A3.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 28
thanks

ohhh, and i will also be offering a gold and silver procurement service while im in the store physically for cash (i dont believe in ever selling my horde but for a 10-20 dollar fee i will get you silver or gold that day for cash anonymously)

I don't see Kershaw American.
you mean japan right, because that who owns kershaw :)

im not opposed to carrying kershaw but i much prefer the shun line from them (the culinary blades). why do you like kershaw as opposed to spyderco or other knife manufactures with the similar blade offerings

An idea: Have an Area set up for knife throwing. Sell a couple different styles of throwing knives (I recommend really large ones because they rotate more smoothly and stick in the target more reliably).

I would guess that many people who get interested in throwing knives will also attempt to throw their regular knives which are not made for throwing, and thus they will break the tips of these knives and need to buy replacements or maybe they will come to you and ask you to re-grind the tip of the knife and fix the damage they caused ( if you offer that service).

So it could be profitable for you; it would be fun for your customers to throw knives, and your store would be offering something that most other stores that sell knives & edged weapons would not offer.

Maybe as a publicity/marketing event once or twice a year you could hire a knife throwing expert to come over and put on a demonstration for a crowd and impress people with what a fella can do with a good sturdy knife and a lot of practice at throwing it.

F978AD10-18E9-4FEF-8848-89F83374D1CD.jpeg
97B4D870-5E9F-4625-98AE-F2947365ACE0.jpeg

Attachments

• 510A76D4-BCC6-4FF2-8244-2E42C7128F65.jpeg
    510A76D4-BCC6-4FF2-8244-2E42C7128F65.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom