• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What my wife posted on FB after reading this news in Woodstock, GA

Yea I heard used guns are not as violent as the new ones...lol
Thing is she wants Brand new only. Does not want a used gun, that is the only sticking point. She just has a thing for getting a used gun, doesn't know where it has been etc... I either have to find at a LGS or a trusted seller.

I was going to post this on ODT, but i'll start here, is there a way to really be sure if a Gun has never been fired before? I see posts where the sellers says "never been fired" but how can one know for sure? Thanks

I wouldn't be so concerned about a used gun. Honestly I would rather have a used one than a new one. Sometimes a new gun has to be broken in, wear off some rough edges, wear in the springs and what not. Usually I find that a new gun will jam in some way shape or form until you get a few hundred shoots through it.

Just some food for thought.

Most people fire very few rounds through.a gun, not even close enough to cause major well. As a general rule of thumb, if they still have all the box accessories, there's no signs of use, it probably wasn't shot much. Can't give an exact round count, but unless it looks beat to ****, no chance in hell they've shot any where near enough to worry about.

she wants a Beretta px4 storm subcompact 9mm NIB. I can only find compact px4 but not subcompacts.

All i can say is shoot one first. My fiance was the same way. We got her a px4 sc 9mm, then we went shooting and she shot it and then my p30. Well needless to say, the px4 is long gone and she has a uspc 9mm now. The px4 is just way too chunky. YMMV

Take her to a gun range that rents guns - Bullseye in Cumming - and let her try out a couple of guns. I prefer my Kahr CM9 over all other sub compact 9mm guns. No safety to worry about. It is also very reliable and it is American made .

Good Luck getting her into shooting. Get her some MACE until she gets her permit / pistol.

Back
Top Bottom