• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What press do you guys use??

I started with a Single stage RCBS and thought I would never need a progressive. 10 years later I fell into a Dillon 650 and I love it. For pistol cal I will never go back to single stage. For my 223 for the bolt action I still use the RCBS.

BTW Hi Caliber stocks Dillon presses.

I have used a pile of presses over the years. I started out with a single stage Lyman Spartin (sp?) single stage "C" type press. Got an RCBS Rockchucker that I used for a while to form cases. Got a Bonanza Co-Ax when I was shooting bench rest. Loved it to death. Got a Lyman Spar-T turrent head press that I liked more than any of the others for day in and day out use. I am just getting back into reloading, after too many years away, and will be using my Spar-T. Once upon a time, I loaded commercially (yes, it can be done on a single station press!) and paid for all of my guns and shooting. I found it was easier to focus on what I was doing using the single station method. You have to be deliberate and you get a better feel for what is being assembled. I look forward to spending time reading what you guys are doing now and what the new powders, etc. will do.

RCBS Rockchucker for rifle rounds and resizing cast bullets, Lee 3-hole turret for low volume pistol, and Hornady L-N-L Progressive for high volume pistol rounds. Also, I will occasionally use a Lee Hand press when I want to do some low volume rifle or pistol rounds in the house and it is too cold or hot in the workshop where my other presses are mounted.

Lee Classic Cast, Rock Chucker, Lee "C" frame aluminum. I use the Lee CC for pistol ammo and the RC for rifle ammo and the "C" frame Lee for sizing cast bullets and popping primers. No progressives for me. I like one at a time......I shoot a good bit of pistol and rifle for hunting. The single stage has never hampered me in any way.

Back
Top Bottom