• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what the hell?

When I was discussing my computer and the age became known the conversation stopped and get a new computer was all that was said. Got 8.1 and got it looking like XP. Opens to desktop and has all the icons and stuff. Not as bad as all let on to be. How old is the OP's computer and what are you running? Ram?

im running new windows I believe it is. don't know how to tell for sure.
don't know how to tell what im running as for ram or anything else lol.
im a computer dumbazz actually

When I was discussing my computer and the age became known the conversation stopped and get a new computer was all that was said. Got 8.1 and got it looking like XP. Opens to desktop and has all the icons and stuff. Not as bad as all let on to be. How old is the OP's computer and what are you running? Ram?

hey elmo. we are getting better bro. almost in great shape. gotta run this next one now.

Sorry for the slow reply. Was nut high in alligators for a bit.

That first scan too way too long. The average time would be only a few hours tops. You must have really been neck deep in crap.

Before running the NoraLabs scan I would run Malwarebytes again.

You should soon see your computer running faster with each scan and yes, it takes more than one scan.

Norton is too big, lazy and really doesn't work that well at all. Besides being a yearly cost. You can get Bitdefender which is a small program that will run in the background and defend against virus programs. Best part... it's free.

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Apple computers are made with Intel components which also drive Windows machines. (Microsoft owns a huge part of Apple stock. Over 50% if memory serves) Most appliances and electronics these days are "throw-a-way items" which means they are more expensive to repair than replace. Open the case of your computer twice a year and blow the dust out of it. Heat is the enemy to electrical components. The software operating system is the main difference in the Win and Apple.

Yes, XP is the best base OS ever but technology persists in advancing beyond it's capabilities so the OS must stay in front of the developers. You will find that an OS is more driven to the individual media needs than word processing and communication now. This one factor is a main culprit in advancing OS.

I build my own computers except for laptops. Currently I'm running a Intel iCore 7, water cooled with 32 gig RAM and 3 TG drives on a Asus game board running two GForce cards and dual monitors for networking. The only time it's shut down is to clean it out. It's three years old and still running strong. Computers normally last me 10 years or better before I hand them down to my kids/Grandkids.

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow reply. Was nut high in alligators for a bit.That first scan too way too long. The average time would be only a few hours tops. You must have really been neck deep in crap. Before running the NoraLabs scan I would run Malwarebytes again.You should soon see your computer running faster with each scan and yes, it takes more than one scan. Norton is too big, lazy and really doesn't work that well at all. Besides being a yearly cost. You can get Bitdefender which is a small program that will run in the background and defend against virus programs. Best part... it's free.http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.htmlApple computers are made with Intel components which also drive Windows machines. (Microsoft owns a huge part of Apple stock. Over 50% if memory serves) Most appliances and electronics these days are "throw-a-way items" which means they are more expensive to repair than replace. Open the case of your computer twice a year and blow the dust out of it. Heat is the enemy to electrical components. The software operating system is the main difference in the Win and Apple.Yes, XP is the best base OS ever but technology persists in advancing beyond it's capabilities so the OS must stay in front of the developers. You will find that an OS is more driven to the individual media needs than word processing and communication now. This one factor is a main culprit in advancing OS.I build my own computers except for laptops. Currently I'm running a Intel iCore 7, water cooled with 32 gig RAM and 3 TG drives on a Asus game board running two GForce cards and dual monitors for networking. The only time it's shut down is to clean it out. It's three years old and still running strong. Computers normally last me 10 years or better before I hand them down to my kids/Grandkids.
Microsoft owns more than 50% of Apple? :pound: Sorry dude, hard to take you seriously with bull crap like that. Microsoft sold all their common stock from the late 90s 150 million dollar loan over a decade ago. It is estimated that Microsoft might own .0045% of Apple through common stock. There is much more to a computer build than just the processor too. I'm glad you are happy with your Windows machine. You are in the minority.

Microsoft owns more than 50% of Apple? :pound: Sorry dude, hard to take you seriously with bull crap like that. Microsoft sold all their common stock from the late 90s 150 million dollar loan over a decade ago. It is estimated that Microsoft might own .0045% of Apple through common stock. There is much more to a computer build than just the processor too. I'm glad you are happy with your Windows machine. You are in the minority.

Reread.... "If memory serves". At one time they did own more than 50% Apple. What they own now has no bases to my reply. Also, if memory serves, the world dumped Apple early in 2013 when the stock took a huge wall street dump. I'm happy for them as their stock now seems to be on a continuous rise.

I run a few Apple machines in my companies only because my employees asked for them instead of Win based. Matters not to me as all we run is company SQL database networked to servers. The only thing any computer has to run here is networking software. The hard drives are basically null.

Yes, thanks... I've very happy without a fruit on my screen.

Reread.... "If memory serves". At one time they did own more than 50% Apple. What they own now has no bases to my reply. Also, if memory serves, the world dumped Apple early in 2013 when the stock took a huge wall street dump. I'm happy for them as their stock now seems to be on a continuous rise.

I run a few Apple machines in my companies only because my employees asked for them instead of Win based. Matters not to me as all we run is company SQL database networked to servers. The only thing any computer has to run here is networking software. The hard drives are basically null.

Yes, thanks... I've very happy without a fruit on my screen.

Sorry man, this is what you said.

Apple computers are made with Intel components which also drive Windows machines. (Microsoft owns a huge part of Apple stock. Over 50% if memory serves)

Which simply put is not true.

15 years ago 99% of my customers were on Windows machines as was I. I had written Apple off up until around 2007 when I changed companies and started working for the company I now work for. We provide voice and data solutions to the motion picture industry and as such 90% of my customers are using Apple. I had to buy one to learn it so I could support it. Now it is all I have in my house for my wife and kid to use as they are so much more trouble free than Windows machines. Even though 90% of my customers are on Apple, I spend more time each day troubleshooting issues on the 10% of windows machines that are on our networks. I wish we were just running SQL servers but in my industry all the computers are private owned by the employees so I am dealing with real world problems on real world computers. My job would be so much simpler if we provided sterile machines for them to use.

All that said, I am far from an Apple fanboy. I criticize them as much as the next guy and truth be told I prefer a bash terminal and CLI over them all.

sudo apt-get real operating system.

4158637883_996ec8e1fa.jpg

It isn't "what" I said it is the way you read it. Beside arguing semantics the meaning is the same.

You will also find some where in 2013 that Apple chased Intel for a purchase. Not chips but the entire company. They needed to get out of the Samsung chip crash. Soon and somewhere in the future I think Apple will start to make it's own ARM core and dump the Intel brand like they dumped Samsung. In the meantime Apple can now and still host itself as being fully MS compatible.

OH... yes.. agreed. I used to run WS 2000 and steps up to 2008 until I found open source Linux platform. Now I spend my nights in bed instead of in front of a screen.

Last edited:
Yeah... well.... You should "try" and stay in the same room with my two sons. I like to think I can keep up but those two take it out of the universe. That's what I get for overpaying their education. :D

Yeah... well.... You should "try" and stay in the same room with my two sons. I like to think I can keep up but those two take it out of the universe. That's what I get for overpaying their education. :D

The company I work for is made up of IT guys but there is three of us who provide "level II support" for our equipment and our field techs. I am on the east coast, we have one in New Mexico and one in LA. Our LA guy is all about Linux and hates Apple with a passion, our New Mexico guy is all about Microsoft and doesn't understand CLI, and I am Linux but see the value of Apple for a end user and loathe anything Microsoft. Our weekly conference call is usually very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom