• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do about painful knees?

Yep -i forgot the weight thing is a big one.
If you are over weight you need to lose what you can.
I was (and still am…) overweight they would not do replacement until i got down some
- i lost 77 pds then went back for surgery.

I have one knee that's always been a bit weird when I stand up from the ground, but never any pain.

Both of my knees are killing me recently. I have knee braces for both legs and am about to get out of my boots and drop some money on good tennis shoes.

Any tips? I can't live like this.
Is it arthritis or more like something torn? If it’s arthritis, Voltaren helps me with the pain

I'm skinny as hell, and all the moving I do all day has made me actually lose more weight.

Voltaren is God send but doesn't touch the knees as much as I hoped.

It's arthritis/ cartilage I imagine. My grandfather use to get injections and you could hear his knees grinding at times when he walked up stairs. I'm guessing I got my knees from him.

I use a pool in summer but honestly didn't think of a bike. I start new insurance next month and will get it checked out in a long list of other things lol. Just hate to think that my most likely recourse is waiting till they blow out to get new ones.

My grandmother had arthritis in her knees.. when they hurt really bad she would take a bottle of the green alcohol with dissolved aspirin in it and rub her knees.. she said it worked at easing up the pain..my mom would rub her elbows with wd40… I’ve heard a lot of people do that

My grandmother had arthritis in her knees.. when they hurt really bad she would take a bottle of the green alcohol with dissolved aspirin in it and rub her knees.. she said it worked at easing up the pain..my mom would rub her elbows with wd40… I’ve heard a lot of people do that
I have heard that as well, but havent tried it. I may…i tried almost everything else to get rid of just a little pain, grinding and popping !

I'm skinny as hell, and all the moving I do all day has made me actually lose more weight.

Voltaren is God send but doesn't touch the knees as much as I hoped.

It's arthritis/ cartilage I imagine. My grandfather use to get injections and you could hear his knees grinding at times when he walked up stairs. I'm guessing I got my knees from him.

I use a pool in summer but honestly didn't think of a bike. I start new insurance next month and will get it checked out in a long list of other things lol. Just hate to think that my most likely recourse is waiting till they blow out to get new ones.
The pool thing is the best feeling/relief for joint problems . I was onle able to hit one a few times last year. My friend in Cartersville has one and gave me 24 hr invite but it is 45 mins from me.
But yeah….the pool rocks !!

Back
Top Bottom