• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do about painful knees?

WildMan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
102   0
Reaction score
I have one knee that's always been a bit weird when I stand up from the ground, but never any pain.

Both of my knees are killing me recently. I have knee braces for both legs and am about to get out of my boots and drop some money on good tennis shoes.

Any tips? I can't live like this.

Have you tried do it yourself at home rehab? I twisted my left knee 1 year ago, wore a brace for 3-4 months and got very little relief. I started riding a stationary bike as a way to rehab and within a month my knee was better. Be sure to ice your knees afterwards.

I have one knee that's always been a bit weird when I stand up from the ground, but never any pain.

Both of my knees are killing me recently. I have knee braces for both legs and am about to get out of my boots and drop some money on good tennis shoes.

Any tips? I can't live like this.
Yeah I'd get that checked. If it's that painful, I doubt shoes/boots are going to fix it and you may wind up damaging something more.
But as GDL said above, NO impact rehab is never a bad idea to try. Good luck.

Ive had great luck with my joints over the years. :rolleyes:
knees : just had complete replacement on right in Oct and on
Feb 10 i will have left done . Complete replacement also.
The pain over the years has gotten progressively worse.
The arthritis has eaten them up. They have degenerated to bone on bone
Ive had shots after shots.
I hanve Had fluid pulled off of them when they swell so bad you can't bend it.
There has been miniscus repair. IILIOBAND surgery.
So ive done about everything to them.

So , Ice when they swell up. Try to keep them moving.
Get a anti-inflammatory med .
Cortesone injections when you cant stand it .
A TENS unit may help some.
Go to a good orthopedic doctor, get some x-rays shot and see if there is something damaged.

yep
no cartilage in the left,acl reconstruction on the right (thanks stunt riding).
i use ibuprofen,ice,heat,and even i tens unit. the boss lady is a chiropractor and she can ease the pain by adjusting. your in Kennesaw, i can see if she can refer you to a doc up there. you may even be able to go to the clinic at life u. she worked there when she was still in school. its pretty cheap and helps a lot...

See a doctor. Try CBD. Lose weight if you can. Strengthen your quad muscles. All helped my knee pain quite a bit. I’m still on the road to knee replacement eventually, due to 3 surgeries related to ACL tear. But they all helped.

Back
Top Bottom