What to do?

Shuamee22

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
i have been thinning down my gun collection as far as rifles and pistols are concerned to 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62x51/308. I have several 9mm handguns, several ar's in 5.56, 2 custom bolt guns and one hunting rifle in 308. I have a ton of stuff to reload them all. Now the question is I just ran across an ak that I had been looking for for a long time it's an all original Hungarian sa85m with box and all. Never been fired till I shot it 10 times this past week. By far the nicest ak I have ever had and I've had several arsenals and higher end ones that just seemed really cheap. Now do I start loading up on ammo and all the things it would take to run that gun and that caliber or do I sell it and get something like a scar 17 or pws 216? Is it worth stocking up on the 762x39 or should I get something I can use all the 308 brass I already have?

Stick to your plan. Save the money to hoard powder, primers, Ammo, mags for the calibers you mentioned. Then dig a hole and bury it all before they take it. Hoard, hoard, hoard and prepare for the end of the world!

Or, buy it and a couple of cases of 7.62 and enjoy the hobby. Then sell it if you want, or keep it.
Life is short.

I think it would depend mostly on why. Why did you think the heard to those calibers? Are you one that must have thousands of rounds of each caliber? Is reloading a must? If you answer yes to those, then pass on the AK.

But if you like to acquire firearms that interest you, and don't mind buying some ammo that isn't reloadable but pretty cheap, than buy the AK.

Get the AK and never look back. Keep in mind none of us are spending your money. Only you can make this decision. I doubt if you will regret buying the AK, though...It is cheap to feed and ammo is pretty abundant. For now...

Keep to plan. I did same as you a couple years ago and still get the urge now and then for something different. I have sample platforms, calibers. Go with the PWS. Great rifles.

No I am no prepper and I don't need millions of rounds to play I just have all of the things to reload for the other calibers and was just curious what others thought as far as do I stock another caliber and mags and set the gun up how I want it or take all that money and buy myself a semi in 308 that I can reload fairly cheap. It's always something about ak's I'll buy one then sell it then buy 2-3 other things then buy an am and sell it. For whatever reason I never can justify spending all the money on ammo and mags and stuff. Just curious what others thought.

Have my mini 30 for 7.62 x 39 IMO good to have something chambered in that round on hand for SHTF, could hunt with it as well not too expensive to shoot and easy to find ammo... Keep toying with buying an AK but haven't done it yet, I probably should right now just to be sure I have one in case the Gov gets stupid with all the nonsense going on... but limited funds right now finishing up another AR build.

Back
Top Bottom