• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do??

I disagree somewhat.

While I think it's dishonorable to back out of an agreed-upon deal, a deal isn't really a deal until meeting arrangements are made. Having said that, if you say you're going to meet me at X place at Y time and don't, you better believe you're getting negative feedback. If you say "I'll take it" and don't respond to PMs.. Oh well, it's probably your loss anyway.

I disagree somewhat.

While I think it's dishonorable to back out of an agreed-upon deal, a deal isn't really a deal until meeting arrangements are made. Having said that, if you say you're going to meet me at X place at Y time and don't, you better believe you're getting negative feedback. If you say "I'll take it" and don't respond to PMs.. Oh well, it's probably your loss anyway.

Big NO! If you say "I'll take it" and don't respond to PMs and have been online and posting on the ODT You should get a fast negative feedback!

"I'll take it" means it is sold and all others have missed out.
"However I'll take it IF we can arrange a meet." Means the deal is in negotiations and still for sale.

I'll take it does mean just that, but before I posted negative feedback I would give the person a chance to explain what happened or failed to happen. Could have been an emergency or something else that justified the situation. Thats just my take.

Some people use "I'll take it" as a tool to keep anyone else from getting the item, and this practice needs to stop. Unless the item is not as described (you show up and the gun is rusted or the seller called it LNIB and it obviously had 1,000 rounds down the pipe), I'll take it means you bought it.

Some people use "I'll take it" as a tool to keep anyone else from getting the item, and this practice needs to stop. Unless the item is not as described (you show up and the gun is rusted or the seller called it LNIB and it obviously had 1,000 rounds down the pipe), I'll take it means you bought it.

Agree, I'll take it means once we meet if the item is not as describe I'm not taking it. The seller wasn't true on his word. But if someone says they will take it a meet should at least take place.

Back
Top Bottom