What were you doing at age 24

Second year as a Banker, realizing there were lots of promotions but few pay raises, getting ready for Officer's Advanced at lovely Ft Sill.

Lived in the entire basement of a rich old lady's Mansion, had an unreal pool outside. All the girls thought I was rich, little did they know......

And as Hayata Hayata said, that retirement check starts next year!

Awesome. You flew f4s?
No. Not at all. But I had a couple of incentive rides during my career (as well as TDY rides in most airlift airframes). F-4 from SJAFB for winning wing airman of the quarter at MBAFB. F-16 at Moody AFB for winning wing company grade officer of the year. F-15 in Iceland after running the 57th FIS maintenance unit for two years. Don't know why I got that ride, but I think my Chief made it happen. It was a complete surprise.

FB_IMG_1586444071537.jpg
F-16 Incentive Ride Jan 89 _0001.jpg
FB_IMG_1591285439435.jpg

US Navy just transferred back to CONUS after 2 1/2 year tour in the Philippines.
I was Air Force stationed at Clark AB in the Philippines 1972 - 1973. It was a great tour for a single guy, ran the bars downtown hard and regular. Stationed with the 6922nd ESS, we had some Navy working in the compound. Where were you in the PI and what did you do? I was an Air Force Ditty Bop.

Big condo craze going on around Atlanta. I had a framing crew and dad had the other. Kingsbery homes out of Alabama. semi delivered the condo and we would dry one in every day for five days a week. This was 1985 and the same company was putting them in from Atlantat to Roswell and Peachtree City. We had the contracts for them. Great money, I was 24 clearing 3000 a week. Had a Harley, Silverado and Vette. if it rained you worked the weekend, didn’t matter because the next condo was on its way. Got burned out and decided to try a uniform just for insurance and retirement. Went from 150,000 a year to 19,600 in 1987.

I was Air Force stationed at Clark AB in the Philippines 1972 - 1973. It was a great tour for a single guy, ran the bars downtown hard and regular. Stationed with the 6922nd ESS, we had some Navy working in the compound. Where were you in the PI and what did you do? I was an Air Force Ditty Bop.
I was an AC (air traffic controller) stationed at NAS Cubi Point at Subic Bay May 83-Dec 85. Worked a lot of F-4 Phantoms out of Clark during “Cope Thunder“. When the fleet would pull in, we’d take a Victory liner up through the zig zags to Angeles City and run the bars up there. The Nipa Hut was crazy. Drank my weight several times over in San Miguel and it was like living in adult Disney World until the Marcos/Aquino revolution started up in 85 and things went to ****.

Back
Top Bottom