• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what would be best material for backstop

Check with Savage, they put together gun ranges all the time with their Snail trap. Most of the local ranges I go to have concrete block walls filled with concrete and good backstops like the Snail trap.

I would be surprised if any range with 50 miles of you helped you with any info.

Good luck with the range, we can't have enough.

Full auto I doubt my insurance company would allow.....never know when someone would shoot a stray close to the walls. Ur probably right insurance would set their standards on everthing

Lock Stock and Barrel in Grantville has cinder block walls, dirt floor and a 3/8" steel back stop. Would also think ventilation and something to stop rounds from ricocheting or penetrating the ceiling may be an issue as well.

I think Quickshot has steel with chunked/recycled rubber in their backstop. They also clean their trap probably once a month (not sure of the frequency). Thy have reinforcements on the ceiling and cinder block walls, don't know if they're reinforced or not though, I'm sure they'd have to be since it's in a business area.

As many times as I have been there I don't know that I fully paid attention to much other than the backstop.

I do know that Hi-Caliber in Canton has a poorly designed backstop. It sits on top of the concrete floor as opposed to the bottom of the trap being under the concrete. Being on top of it makes shrapnel kick back at the shooter...which hurts...I have been there 3 times and been hit 2 out of the 3 visits (3 times the last visit), haven't been back since.

Back
Top Bottom