• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do?

Look at O.C.G.A. 16-3-21 & interpret it for yourself.

Take some time & become familiar with all of the laws related to the use of deadly force.

A great place to start is gacarry.org.

Citizen arrest!! You can use deadly force if you or someone else is being threaten.

Last edited:
id call the police and hide behind my vehicle with my gun out. unless hes about to shoot someone or me im not going to try and stop or kill the guy. if he comes around my car though id put him on his ass.

to sum it up, i wont act violently unless i think someone is going to get hurt. if i was in the store however i would probably put my gun on him first chance i get, because at that point i am in proximity to the crime and more than likely he would turn his attention to me

Was just pumping my gas and thought about a situation. Let's say you're at a gas station getting gas and you observe an armed robbery inside the gas station. The guy is armed with a handgun and exits the gas station with the money, but does not see you as he makes his way to his get away car. You're armed. Are you legally allowed to intervene? I ask because if the guy does not see you and you use deadly force, can you be charged because he was never really any threat to you. Can you justify it as feeling like your life was in jeopardy, even though you were 40 yards away and the suspect never saw you? :confused:

if he is wearing a hoodie and it is hot outside.. you should immediately shoot him.

otherwise... be a good witness and keep your head down

You could citizens arrest but you could also get yourself killed. Get the tag, watch the perp to ensure he is not going to shoot anyone else, then go inside and help. If he began shooting at others outside and I had a VERY CLEAR shot with no one in front or behind the perp, I would probably engage. But I would not engage unless he posed further immediate threat to others or myself.

Go ahead, let the beat downs begin.....

The law is pretty clear, you are only allowed to use deadly force if you are in immediate danger, so he'd have to be coming towards you, and you would have to have some sort of indication that he intented to harm you, otherwise you are outside the protection of the law.

And the judges are pretty tough on this subject, so you'd better make sure your situation is rock solid, or you are going to be on the wrong end of a legal issue.

If you kid was in the back seat, and he was making a beeline towards your car, you might be justified.

Exactly as others have said. Don't try to intervene and perhaps get more people injured or yourself. Call 911 give the Police a description and try to help the victim until help arrives.

Back
Top Bottom