• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do?

Make sure to clearly understand your state laws. It is my belief, that in GA, the law does not state you can engage or pursue someone who has already committed a forcible felon. I wouldn't want to take that chance, because if the law doesn't clearly cover you, it is left up to the opinion of a prosecutor and 12 peers. Besides the fact, I would not want to place myself in harms way, except in the attempt to prevent the taking of a life (as I don't believe i could live with myself just standing by and watching).

I think the majority opinion given here is the right choice: observe, report and check on victims. Focus on getting key details, such as distinguishable body markings and license plate. My gun would be drawn, though I would try to conceal it from the perpetrator. You don't know what the perpetrator might do if they see you staring at them, and you definitely know what will happen if he see's you have a gun drawn.

If I was pumping gas and heard the shot inside and some ass running for the door.....put one between his eyes when he exits and tell the cops he raised his weapon at you when he came out! I know I know.....but sounds good lol

Need more details....

Black or white perp?
Male or female? If female, nude or clothed?
Ghetto or suburbia?
QT or Racetrac?

Please for the love of god when posting these awesome "what would you do" threads, give us as many details as you possibly can!!!

Was just pumping my gas and thought about a situation. Let's say you're at a gas station getting gas and you observe an armed robbery inside the gas station. The guy is armed with a handgun and exits the gas station with the money, but does not see you as he makes his way to his get away car. You're armed. Are you legally allowed to intervene? I ask because if the guy does not see you and you use deadly force, can you be charged because he was never really any threat to you. Can you justify it as feeling like your life was in jeopardy, even though you were 40 yards away and the suspect never saw you? :confused:

There is no pat answer. Generally, you cannot use deadly force on a person who is fleeing from a crime involving only property. Not even the police can do that. So you are going to have to make an instantaneous decision on how much of an actual "threat" is he making to you (or some other person). Even with the added facts of a person being being "shot" in the store -- did you see the person get shot, or did the robber just fire into the floor or ceiling for effect.

Unless the robber makes a direct threat to you (or some other person) with the weapon, you are probably better off to do as others have suggested and get a good description of the robber and any automobiles, communicate with the police, and render aid if needed.

Need more details....

Black or white perp?
Male or female? If female, nude or clothed?
Ghetto or suburbia?
QT or Racetrac?

Please for the love of god when posting these awesome "what would you do" threads, give us as many details as you possibly can!!!

ROTFLMAO you are a nut jet mech!

IF I were to engage(which is not likely unless the perp is directly threatening me or someone with me) I would definitely wait until he clears the four thousand different angles of cameras that pretty much every QT and Racetrac have outside. That way if I have to drop him, it won't be on candid camera.

I would call the cops with my left hand, put my right hand on my gun, while I take cover behind my car. Tell the cops what direction he was going and make, model, color and plates of his car. Why get into a possible hairy situation if I don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom