• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you have done?

jbw8372

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/31/fbi-uses-chainsaw-in-raid-on-wrong-fitchburg-apartment/

The reason I ask is...pretty much everyone here is armed to the teeth for one reason or another...most of us have some sort of weapon at the ready for break ins...how do you know who it is when they don't announce and just start coming through the door? I am afraid my 12 gauge pump with 10-shot tube of 1&6 HD rounds would be emptied before I was taken down...it is an odd thing to have to contemplate in a free society, isn't it?

Last edited:
I would have done exactly what the woman in the apartment did. Comply with the cops orders until things get straightened out. Raise all the he__ you want afterwards. I seem to recall APD going to the wrong house, busting down the door, and killing an old lady who had armed herself. I really don't know how many parallels there are between the 2 cases but that chainsaw would have been a very quick entry.

This is utterly disgusting, and indicative of the very flawed nature of our government's farce of a drug war. Somehow, the real perp managed to remain unaware that this was going on next door. Imagine how many lives would have been endangered had he caught wind of this as it was happening.

Prohibition breeds gangsters, y'all. No prohibition, none of this sort of BS. Billions of dollars saved every year.

This is utterly disgusting, and indicative of the very flawed nature of our government's farce of a drug war. Somehow, the real perp managed to remain unaware that this was going on next door. Imagine how many lives would have been endangered had he caught wind of this as it was happening.

Prohibition breeds gangsters, y'all. No prohibition, none of this sort of BS. Billions of dollars saved every year.

Only Billions of dollars in treatment, Drugs do NO GOOD at all, it is a FALSE PEACE.

I would have laid down with my hands spread out on the floor. I'm not gonna take on a FBI team trying to enter my home. I'd raise all heck later. I'd be afraid I'd grab my gun and then end up shot. A chainsaw? That's ghetto.

you guys ever hear reports about home invaders dressing up acting like screaming "police" during a HI
hard to tell the real cops from fake ones in that kind of high stress situation
hello 911
are you guys raiding my house right now cause if not i need help...............
a chainsaw is an unconventional entry

Only Billions of dollars in treatment, Drugs do NO GOOD at all, it is a FALSE PEACE.

Not saying I condone drug use.. I'm just saying it's a war that isn't worth fighting. People are going to do what they want to do anyway, especially when the government tells them they can't. FBI busting down peoples' doors isn't going to account for fewer addicts.

farm1.static.flickr.com_115_303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg

Last edited:
Not saying I condone drug use.. I'm just saying it's a war that isn't worth fighting. People are going to do what they want to do anyway, especially when the government tells them they can't. FBI busting down peoples' doors isn't going to account for fewer addicts.

farm1.static.flickr.com_115_303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg

I agree.

I had a friend retired from the DEA. He used to shake his head at crap like this. He was old school and very opposed to all the shows of excessive force used these days. He would tell me stories about two agents just waiting on a guy to walk to his car or something and then taking him down. A chainsaw? Wonder what this little stunt will cost taxpayers by the time the dust settles. I would love to know the thinking behind this strategic masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom