• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What you do for a living?

I'm a plumber. I used to do commercial service and repair and had a great niche constantly working on over engineered, overly complicated central hot water systems for high rises and apartment/condo complexes until the rona put me out of business. ( if you want a central hot water system to actually work, ask a plumber to design it, not an office engineer or God forbid, an architect.)
Now I eke out a living doing residential service and repair and kitchen and bath remodeling part time.

The best one! ABC supply. It's great to go all over the state, we'll also to surrounding states. Plus now that I have senority I don't have to drive the tractor trailer and get the easy short truck. View attachment 4395003
Just had shingles delivered to a job in river cove from ABC. Was that you? I was on my way back from Home Depot

I'm a plumber. I used to do commercial service and repair and had a great niche constantly working on over engineered, overly complicated central hot water systems for high rises and apartment/condo complexes until the rona put me out of business. ( if you want a central hot water system to actually work, ask a plumber to design it, not an office engineer or God forbid, an architect.)
Now I eke out a living doing residential service and repair and kitchen and bath remodeling part time.
I feel your pain.

Architects and Engineers are the bane of my existence.

I feel your pain.

Architects and Engineers are the bane of my existence.
For real

We had an architect draw some rough plans for our addition , and he recommended a few GC’s he’s worked with .

Most of the GCs were not interested in a 1200 sf addition , they all want to do the $990k houses .
We did find one that likes doing smaller stuff and wouldn’t have found him without the recommendation from the architect, but he pointed out a lot of stuff that just can’t be built the way the architect drew it .
And the architect just wouldn’t listen to us .
He kept showing support poles in the garage and I kept telling him that my garage would NOT have support poles in it.

“If you don’t use poles then you’d have to use a big beam “

“Duh, why do you think we hired you to figure out how strong the beam needs to be etc ?”

Back
Top Bottom