• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on the smoker/grill today?

PXL_20220905_220909025.jpg

First brisket I'd ever tried. A touch dry but for a first attempt, it was a success.

View attachment 4797591

First brisket I'd ever tried. A touch dry but for a first attempt, it was a success.
For a first time it ain't bad, briskets are tricky drop it back about an hour and see the results. I do mine at 225 and keep it spritzed a lot. If the heat is too high it will tend to dry it just like too long. Trial and error is depending on your what machine that you use.

For a first time it ain't bad, briskets are tricky drop it back about an hour and see the results. I do mine at 225 and keep it spritzed a lot. If the heat is too high it will tend to dry it just like too long. Trial and error is depending on your what machine that you use.
Yeah, I think I left it on for about an hour too long. 225 on an XL BGE.

You are correct, good ribs too. Baby backs are good too.
I've never been a ribs guy. Don't know what it is. I just don't like them. Never have. A few years ago a friend of mine invited my family over "for ribs on the fourth." I asked him if he was going to have anything other proteins and he said "no." I brought a pack of hot dogs and got all pissed off. He knows I don't like ribs. What did he expect?

I've never been a ribs guy. Don't know what it is. I just don't like them. Never have. A few years ago a friend of mine invited my family over "for ribs on the fourth." I asked him if he was going to have anything other proteins and he said "no." I brought a pack of hot dogs and got all pissed off. He knows I don't like ribs. What did he expect?
A lot don't like the texture of them and my daughter in law won't eat any meat on a bone, has to be filet.
She said just the thought of the bone.

Back
Top Bottom