• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Honda Motorcycle worth?

Keep jumpstarting motorcycles with your car or truck and all those mathematical electrical formulas will become clear in the form of electrical repair bills...lol

Honda has different nomenclature than Kawai and Zuk.
Just a question of what size.

Ok. So 636 is the model of a certain kind of Kawasaki Ninja.
That one looks sportier.
But it's got 40 less HP
and a dozen foot-pounds less torque.
Both have about the same curb weight. Neither one hits its peak performance band until it's at 10,000 RPM.

I could go with the one that just looks cooler!

3A8545A5-D1DC-433F-AF10-0D18D6383738.jpeg

This one moves me along at
almost 18 mph. I think I can handle
more speed than that.

Ok. So 636 is the model of a certain kind of Kawasaki Ninja.
That one looks sportier.
But it's got 40 less HP
and a dozen foot-pounds less torque.
Both have about the same curb weight. Neither one hits its peak performance band until it's at 10,000 RPM.

I could go with the one that just looks cooler!
Yeah they made it in 600 and 1000 versions. either would be a dream in the mountains.

Values by condition are as follows:

Excellent $2980
Very good $1875
Fair $685

So $500 is a decent price. I’m guessing you had to kick start it. Those bikes have a cut-out switch integrated into the starter. Most likely, it’s the starter or that cut-out switch. If both are fine and the, it’s a fuse. If the fuses are fine, swap out a bulb to rule out those being bad. If still no progress, you’ll need a multimeter to check the current. Be sure to check the starter wiring is still soldered; they are known to corrode and break off. Also, check the battery connections and make sure it’s not corroded and all wiring is connected. Hope that helps.

Values by condition are as follows:

Excellent $2980
Very good $1875
Fair $685

So $500 is a decent price. I’m guessing you had to kick start it. Those bikes have a cut-out switch integrated into the starter.

The 500cc Ascot started right up with some fresh gas and connecting my car battery to its own dead battery.

It does not have a kickstart; it is electric start only. But that worked!
I let the bike idle for about five minutes, and after a few minutes of warm-up I revved it a little bit to check the throttle response.

Didn't try to ride it. It has no working brakes, front or rear.

Back
Top Bottom