• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's this cherry truck worth?

Looking at a 1999 f350 non dually v10 manual with 7,600 miles. Any thoughts on value?
For what it's worth:

• The town of Laurel Bloomery is barely a dot on a map
  • The fire department is entirely volunteer
  • It's obviously seen minimal use, and the biggest challenge over the years was keeping a good battery in it.
  • A VFD may maintain vehicles better or worse than a more organized FD. Gamble.
  • If the equipment was current enough and proper condition, the truck would likely sell to another FD that could use it. The fact that it hasn't is telling. If they don't sell to someone like you they will likely sell the truck and scrap the equipment

If the equipment was current enough and proper condition, the truck would likely sell to another FD that could use it. The fact that it hasn't is telling. If they don't sell to someone like you they will likely sell the truck and scrap the equipment

I may be off base here but I highly doubt another FD will purchase a 24 year old truck or equipment regardless of condition.
Not to mention why would they when the tax payers fund their budget and they can get a brand new one for exponentially more?...lol

I may be off base here but I highly doubt another FD will purchase a 24 year old truck or equipment regardless of condition.
Not to mention why would they when the tax payers fund their budget and they can get a brand new one for exponentially more?...lol
Exactly. The equipment they want an extra 8k for is worthless.

Cobb County is well known for their solid vehicle maintenance program. In past years, Cobb would auction off old PD Crown Victorias at around the 175-200k mile mark. Clayton County would purchase these cars and put them back on the road for another 2 years or more. It worked because both counties used black cars and much of the equipment was identical.

You’re not off base. Many departments have a policy to replace vehicles after so many years or so many miles. Obviously this one is years, not mileage. My last department was 15 years or 100,000 miles. I’d buy this truck in a heartbeat with that mileage. Especially from a volly department. The biggest worry you’d have with FD vehicles is they tend to be run hard, but with so little mileage, I doubt that thing saw much action. It’s garage kept and the maintenance is almost certainly done…in other words, it’s had both its scheduled oil changes 🥴

Back
Top Bottom