Whats the point of a bug out bag? RANT warning

this guy is trolling. he knows everything. Bet you saw 9-11 coming. O wait you didnt, you cant ever say something wont ever happen. who are you to say any of that crap wont happen? if you dont think it will, great for you. the rest of us hope it wont happen but know for a fact that odd things do happen from time to time.

a bug out bag is merely a place to store survival equipment. nothing more nothing less

This!^^

Ban?!:)

Good question... we have a "bugin" bag that has stuff in case of a power outage, etc. We will definitely stay in-home as long as possible as our water, etc. is here. Our bugout bag is in case of something dramatic happening in our area (and is a supplment to our bugin bag, both of which we would take if we left home) ... not that likely to be needed but just in case.

I think most of us are planning to bug-in unless that becomes impossible.

Also, for those that travel, some people carry a "get home" type of kit in their car.

Once again, wrong section. There is a section dedicated to this topic. It can easily be ignored by adding it to the "Forums to exclude from view" list. I've done that, but don't want to exclude general discussion. Someone move this to the appropriate section please.

LOL! Moved. Sorry, I caught it on the What's New page and didn't even look at the forum it was in. All better now.

I've lived on the Ga Coast for 17yrs now, been through several Hurricane evac's, and I'll tell all of you. People that have never been through a REAL Evacuation Situation it's EXACTLY like you see in the Movies. Utter and Complete Caos. People out of gas, broke down and accidents in the middle of the Road. Their to Damn Stupid to get their Vehicle off the Road, so they just sit on top like their at a Picnic and watch everybody else try to get around them. There's your Traffic Jam. Absolutly No Police Presence. People in Panic that Have No Idea where their going, or what their doing, their just on the Road Out.
Second If your DUMB enough to Stay During a Major Hurricane then, Plain and Simple Please write your SS# on your Chest or Arm so they can Identify your Dumbass Body for staying. These people that Gamble with their and their Families Lives are in My Opinion, "Idiots", and I have "NO SORROW" for them when I see their situation on TV, from the Comfort of Either a Hotel or my InLaw's in Middle GA. If it's bigger than a Cat 1, first My Family is Gone 1 or 2 days BEFORE. Because of My Business I stay until the Last Safe possible time then I'm Gone. There is not a thing material wise goes here, that is worth any of Our Lives, that can't be Replaced or Remembered. And NOTHING that I can do is going to STOP the Hurricane from Taking It. I keep a Bag/Kit Ready to go for when I finally Bug out.

#1 if your not Staying in, then whatever the SHTF situation, "GET OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" the longer you wait the more likely your going to be trapped in traffic or in the Caos. And have Plenty of Gas and alternative Routes. I keep a GPS and a Laptop with Mapping programs that show Most every Road, Cattle and Deer Trail there is. And No those pieces of Crap that People use on their Dash isn't going to get you anywhere. Get a Real GPS, even if the Satelites go down you still have all the Maps.

Last edited:
Just so I'm clear, you have a backpack of supplies and you are gonna leave your well stocked house and set off on foot with a backpack for what possible scenario? To where, and why?

Me thinks you guys watch to many movies and ill formed and overly active imaginations.

I used to live in New England, we had apocolypes all the time, it was called a "SNOWSTORM." We lost power (gasp), roads were impenetrable (horrors), grocery stores ran out of milk and bread and water (shiver)

Then the white concrete melted to water and normal returned.

Occassionaly we had an apocolype called a "Hurricane", and sometimes a "Nor' Easter", and sometimes the dreaded "ICE STORM," oh no, not ICE!!!!! - Same as above, usually with loss of electical power for a couple days, sometimes week in the case of a hurricane.

No zombies though, must be a southern thing. Zombies dont like the cold?

You guys are all wasting your time, money and energy on this ****.

SHTF, you (we) are ALL screwed. If society ends, we all end, just b/c you got some MRE, or ammo or precious metals doesnt mean you are going to be able to make it more than a couple days/ weeks longer than those that dont, kidding yourself into believing otherwise is fantasy.

Camping might be a fun idea - FOR THE WEEKEND, but not for the rest of your life, unless maybe you are a crazed mountain man with no family.

Sorry end of rant.

i consider them get home bags....get you from where ever you are to home (or where you want to be) during what ever may happen...

The original post is just nuts. I keep my bag in the trunk of my car just like everyone else. To think nothing will every happen ever again in the future is just lazy and irresponsible. Camping/Survival gear is not a waste of money. I use it to camp, I use it for peace of mind and to aid me if a possible situation arose and I had to foot it out over 3-5 days. Could be my car is broken down, I'm lost, a natural disaster, whatever. What I don't understand is, if you are so against it and think it's stupid, why did you feel the need to waste your time and type up the thread and post it? Just had nothing better to complain about? Your whole post is a waste. It gives no info to better serve the ODT community.

The original post is just nuts. I keep my bag in the trunk of my car just like everyone else. To think nothing will every happen ever again in the future is just lazy and irresponsible. Camping/Survival gear is not a waste of money. I use it to camp, I use it for peace of mind and to aid me if a possible situation arose and I had to foot it out over 3-5 days. Could be my car is broken down, I'm lost, a natural disaster, whatever. What I don't understand is, if you are so against it and think it's stupid, why did you feel the need to waste your time and type up the thread and post it? Just had nothing better to complain about? Your whole post is a waste. It gives no info to better serve the ODT community.

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom