Whats the point of a bug out bag? RANT warning

It's alive!!! The thread is back from the dead!!!

Bug Out... consider "Out" to be where you want to be, not where you are... If you are at work and want to get home, then Bug Out (Of the office). If you are at Six Flags and want to Bug out to the country, then you don't want to travel a couple hours home and grab your bag first... keep it with you and only what you can carry by yourself.

Last edited:
I guess the times that I have had to bugout where just a result of an over active imagination fueled by too many movies and Jolt Cola!!!!

I've never had to bug out either. But my bag has allowed me to be first responder on an incident to before and helped people out at work when they've gotten injured. And my flashlight has one in useful on countless occasions. More of a multi-use equipment bag. But hey better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I've never had to bug out either. But my bag has allowed me to be first responder on an incident to before and helped people out at work when they've gotten injured. And my flashlight has one in useful on countless occasions. More of a multi-use equipment bag. But hey better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I've used my first aid kit on others who where cut badly; the light sticks, tarp and poncho sure were handy when my tire gave up in the dead of night in a nasty rain.
I travel in my line of work and occasionally that means in the sticks. That may be a swamp or the mountains of West Virginia.
My pack has dry clothes, shelter, some food and enough stuff to make an unexpected night(s) in the middle of nowhere less uncomfortable.

I use my gear as well. First aid kit, Leatherman, head lamp, knife, lighter, magnifying glass/fresnal lens and cordage are what I use the most often and arr part of my EDC. I travel a lot on business, sometimes to remote locations, and have had to bugout on a two occassions. My previous comment was just a little sarcasm.

Since you're from New England, perhaps the term "bug out" bag is nonsensical to you. Would it make more sense if we called it a European Man Purse stocked with survival supplies? "EMPFWS bag" isn't as catchy tho.

Since you're from New England, perhaps the term "bug out" bag is nonsensical to you. Would it make more sense if we called it a European Man Purse stocked with survival supplies? "EMPFWS bag" isn't as catchy tho.

Nice!

Yankees always think they are smarter than everyone else!

-We'll see who is smart if some nasty SHTF ever occurs.

Back
Top Bottom