• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's This 637 Deep Cover Worth?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I've long said that I would prefer a 3 inch barreled 38 small frame revolver to the standard 2 inch models.

But 5- shot 38's with alloy frames ( light weight for daily carry) and 3 inch barrels are extremely rare, and even more rare are those kind that have a round butt frame.
I would need that because I would want to put my Crimson Trace lasergrips on that 3" revolver, and nobody makes a laser grip for J-frame square butt guns.

So if I saw the ideal 38 caliber revolver for me I would love to trade for it but most likely I would have to sell my current one and then buy its replacement.

So THE QUESTION IS:

So what kind of value would you guys assign to a often-carried and therefore finish compromised Smith & Wesson 637 Wyatt deep cover?

See pics.

It would come with the box owners manual most of the accessories that came with it (except I'm not sure if I saved the stupid cable lock.)

I bought it new at a local gun shop in late 2012 or early 2013.

It currently has the Crimson Trace laser grips on it but I would put back on the factory Performance Center stocks from Smith & Wesson to sell it.

They say when it comes to used guns "condition is everything." Well, the finish on this one hasn't held up well to regular carry. Maybe if the next owner wants to carry it rather than add it to a collection of Smith & Wesson revolvers that hang on the wall, the finish wouldn't matter so much. I can honestly say it wouldn't matter to me as I look for this gun's replacement, that alloy framed S&W J frame with a 3 inch barrel.

252ED689-DDB7-40BD-B004-FC77179D0715.jpeg
9B02DBAB-1EB7-4B1C-B9DA-10E1C0CC0AE0.jpeg
6C4A8FA3-B48C-4F59-9C8C-668FA6D9971C.jpeg

Gunbroker has three currently for sale the current bids are $515 (used, non-original grips), $600, and $850 (new, old stock).

I'll have to try to remember my GunBroker ID and password so I can check recently-completed sales.

No idea of actual value since this is not a standard 637...In this condition I would ask $500. You could probably fetch more on GB. I am not up to date on J frame pricing.

I cannot say I have seen any 3" airweight j frames out there, but I have seen them in the Ruger LCR, and though I am normally a Smith revolver guy through and through, the LCR is a serious contender vs the J frame. The triggers are very, very nice in double action, and they are accurate guns. Plus they are crazy lightweight. I have no idea if they accept the Crimson laser, or if one is made for the LCR, but gun vs gun, it really is a toss up, and in some ways I like the LCR better. I say this as a J frame airweight owner and lover. I do not own a LCR.

Good luck in the search.

Back
Top Bottom