• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with Lithia Springs?

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I have seen a number of pieces of land there (over 50 acres) south of I-20 listed or sell for less than 5,000 per acre. You can't find any other land this cheap that is within 15 minutes of downtown and less than 10 miles from 285.

Is it just ghetto and no one wants to live there? At some point with the Atlanta traffic aren't people eventually going to go that way like Vinings has extended past Mableton now? Or will is just get skipped over and always be a "blighted" area?

Lithia Springs has turned into a ghetto sewer. I've lived here all my life. I would not buy land here. Taxes are about to increase here as well.
It will never be the next Vining's. Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

It might be in a floodplain, you'd have to check the maps. Austell had some really cheap remodels a few years back, turned out they had flooded and were sky high to insure.....

Not floodplain, but the topo east and northeast of Sweetwater Park is a little rough. I was looking just at big pieces of undeveloped land, not houses.

Lithia Springs has turned into a ghetto sewer. I've lived here all my life. I would not buy land here. Taxes are about to increase here as well.
It will never be the next Vining's. Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

So even if you could find large acreage close to I-20 for 3k per acre you think it is s bad investment? There has got to be a floor on price at some level?

Back
Top Bottom