• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats your price limit on ammo?

For all saying regular price what was prepanic price on 9mm? I saw some at PSA for $10 a box 50 brass biut that seems low for most other places.

I WILL NOT over spend during these panic times. I am glad that I was smart enough to stock up. Weekend after weekend, bargain/ trades, Im good but if i see a deal than of course I will pull the trigger!

35 max on bricks of .22 and that's for subsonic.
25-30 for a brick of standard velocity
20 for the cheapo stuff like Winchester white box and federal bulk pack.

I'm low on ammo less then 1k of ammo but soon as everything is caught up ima buy 5k subsonic and 5k standard for a backup stash. Just so this won't happen again lol

I pretty much stopped buying everything when the rush started. But if I were really desperate I guess I would pay a %25 mark-up. However I think we only have another month or 2 before things get half way normal. Guns are starting to come back in stock, though still marked up and my friends are receiving there backorders so I can wait a bit longer.

Given the current climate we're in I was curious to know what everyone was willing to pay for ammo based on your budget, stockpile, or just outlook on what the future holds. I think opinions should be limited to these common calibers:

- 22lr
- 9mm
- .40sw
- .45acp
- .223/5.56
- 7.62x39

I paid $29.99+tax for a brick of Federal 525 .22 at my favorite local firearms shop that I have supported since they opened. I actually bought 2 bricks because that was the limit per person/per day and I did not have any family or friends with me to buy more. I consider that a fair price and so did everyone who came in the store. My belief in that price being fair can be supported by the fact that they sold 162,000 rounds in 2 days.

Amount I would pay in the current climate:
.22LR $40/500+ brick
9mm FMJ $16/50
.40 FMJ $25/50
.45 FMJ $35/50
.223 FMJ $12/20
7.62x39 steel FMJ $8/20

HA! Don't need no stinkin ammo-have plenty............but once in a while, like the other day, I saw some .45acp WWB at Wallyworld for $41.00 per 100 so I bought 2. If I see something for a decent price I will buy it, like last time I was in Academy and saw some .45acp Zombie Max for $23.00 a box, bought 3, same as critical defense but green. Other then that I also will wait till prices come down and if not, still have more then I will ever need. I have, to some friends, sold some ammo to help them out and help them avoid being ripped off. When I went to the gun show in Gwinnett this Saturday and was one of the first people in the door I was surprised after 15 minutes of walking around the place still seemed kind of empty, then I realized that most of the people first in the door were all at the ammo table, especially Georgia Arms, trying to get ammo.

Last edited:
I paid $29.99+tax for a brick of Federal 525 .22 at my favorite local firearms shop that I have supported since they opened. I actually bought 2 bricks because that was the limit per person/per day and I did not have any family or friends with me to buy more. I consider that a fair price and so did everyone who came in the store. My belief in that price being fair can be supported by the fact that they sold 162,000 rounds in 2 days.

Amount I would pay in the current climate:
.22LR $40/500+ brick
9mm FMJ $16/50
.40 FMJ $25/50
.45 FMJ $35/50
.223 FMJ $12/20
7.62x39 steel FMJ $8/20

According to this, you would pay $70/100 of .45 FMJ? If so, PM me I have some extra Winchester!

Back
Top Bottom