• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats your price limit on ammo?

Federal 115gr FMJ was a hair under $10 for a 50rd box ($.20/rd) at Walmart before the panic. I doubt it'll be that low again, but I think $12 a box ($.25/rd) is reasonable for quality ammo.

Yeah, for me, I'm not paying more than $0.24 - $0.25 / round for 9mm and $0.40 - $0.42 for 5.56mm.

I pretty much stopped buying everything when the rush started. But if I were really desperate I guess I would pay a %25 mark-up. However I think we only have another month or 2 before things get half way normal. Guns are starting to come back in stock, though still marked up and my friends are receiving there backorders so I can wait a bit longer.

I hope you're right but this is the second ammo scare we've had since out current administration took office. I think it will be slower to recover this time. People are going to stock up. Once (or if) it recovers and everyone gets stocked up to a comfy level there may be some drop in prices. JMO.

At the end of Dec 2012 I paid $16.99 for a brick of Blazer .22s (10 bricks), the time before that I stocked up on .22s I paid $9.99 for the same bricks (20 bricks) The time before that it was $8.88 for a 550 Federal box. Willing to pay $20-24 a brick in the future but that's going to be a long ways off.

Just a few years ago I also stocked up on blazer 9mm brass ammo. Won't say how many but it was like $5.95 a box. Don't ever see needing to buy 9mm again.

Also would buy the WWB(50)$19.95 and Remington(100) 38.95, 230gr JHPs when ever Wally had them in stock. My great-grand kids will be shooting and enjoying those after my cold dead hands have released my 1911s.

I still have 7.62x39 boxes with the price stickers on them that would make a grown man cry for those days. Wouldn't spend more than 5 bucks for box of steel cased.
With all this guestimation going on, I still reload and cast my practice rounds and have enough to last my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom