• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When did you/do you plan to take SS?

Military retirement
Military disability
Federal retirement
Debt free

I intend to take SSI at 62
Be prepared for the fact that SS will reduce some of your benefit based on your combined income. If you go over a certain limit they'll reduce it by $1 per equivalant $2 earned amount over their set limit. That lessens over the next two years but the reduction is there nevertheless. that goes away when you do reach FRA.

Be prepared for the fact that SS will reduce some of your benefit based on your combined income. If you go over a certain limit they'll reduce it by $1 per equivalant $2 earned amount over their set limit. That lessens over the next two years but the reduction is there nevertheless. that goes away when you do reach FRA.

I think he can work as long as he don't make over $1770 a month. But as said be careful, it can and will feduce it if you go over it. That is worked income, not to include any retirements, or 401k, and such.

But in my opinion you should be able to do what you can while you're able and not pay any taxes. I think you earn that, IMHO.
SS is by no means fair. They won't pay you up front for a month; it's always one month behind, and when you die, they'll hit you bank up for a deduct of what they paid you the month you died even though the money was from the month before you died.

SS is by no means fair. They won't pay you up front for a month; it's always one month behind, and when you die, they'll hit you bank up for a deduct of what they paid you the month you died even though the money was from the month before you died.
I know and that's stupid crazy. That happened with my dad, he died on the 22nd and Mom had to send his check back, It should be at least if you were alive when it hit the bank it should be kept, oh but they give you $250.00 for burial expenses.

I know and that's stupid crazy. That happened with my dad, he died on the 22nd and Mom had to send his check back, It should be at least if you were alive when it hit the bank it should be kept, oh but they give you $250,00 for burial expenses.
I told my heirs that when I die the first thing they do is empty out the bank account where that SS money is deposited. Even before the death certificate is signed. (They have the access numbers and pws, etc.)

The govt wants you to take your SS when your benefits pay the most, so since I don’t trust our govt worth a damn, I want it the day I turn 62. SS benefits calculated using actuaries, like insurance companies use (business model). They’re counting on you dying off early. And remember brothers, you’re not promised the next breath you draw….

Back
Top Bottom