• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When did you/do you plan to take SS?

Not planning on seeing a penny from SS, but for my relatives and friends near retirement age, I generally recommend delaying benefits until 70, assuming they have sufficient assets to make it to 70 without reducing their lifestyle.

Not only the numbers make sense, it's also a form of an insurance.
You’ll recoup all the money you lost if you start drawing early. Only way that might work if toy are in debt up to your eyeballs and have to work but then I would go ahead a draw it. The Government wants you to think that way so they keep more of you money

Only problem with drawing at 62 is if you still work you can a tremendous penalty at the end of year for making too much.
Yes that's what my fellow co-worker told me. Now he just works 20 hours a week. My plan was to take it 2 years ago & still work full time, until i found out they will reduce my ss check if i make to much money!

Yes that's what my fellow co-worker told me. Now he just works 20 hours a week. My plan was to take it 2 years ago & still work full time, until i found out they will reduce my ss check if i make to much money!
Yes sir. I just think if you make it to retirement, you should be able to draw, make all the money you can and not have to pay any taxes or file any taxes. But let’s face it, we are the working population and they want to tax the hell out of you till you die.

Yes sir. I just think if you make it to retirement, you should be able to draw, make all the money you can and not have to pay any taxes or file any taxes. But let’s face it, we are the working population and they want to tax the hell out of you till you die.
Whatever the gov can do to keep you down & poor they will do!

You’ll recoup all the money you lost if you start drawing early. Only way that might work if toy are in debt up to your eyeballs and have to work but then I would go ahead a draw it. The Government wants you to think that way so they keep more of you money
The benefit is reduced 25% if you retire at 62 like I did. The breakpoint is12 years which is next year for me at 74. At that point SS gets the benefit of paying less money. But I’d still take the early retirement.

Back
Top Bottom