• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the new cars?

Wouldn't it be easier to convert them to run without the chip?

I guess it depends what chip is missing. I know for the new KLR they can't get all the parts for the ABS so all the new ones for 2022 here in north America will be without abs. (so like you said selling without that chip)

However for cars I don't know what chips their missing for each car. IF its ECM/PCM/BCM then your car isn't going to too good. It could be multiple chips per car even. Even if its a minor system it would take some engineering RD to remove features, update the computers, brochures, dealer network etc.

This stuff just can't be changed on a dime. I think it made matters worse when car demand went down, car makers lowered chip orders, then it all came back, all the car makers placed an order more than normal (huge demand spike) and now where we are.

so just like most of the other things our supply chain has lag in it. It's a domino effect and stuff wont' be back to full capacity. Think of the back order, increased demand, how will that take to catch up? I would think a little bit.

Flooding the economy by giving easy money to people who don't know how to manage money didn't help anything either. It's the annual spring (tax "refund" time) dealer tag bonanza on steroids. Give momos $6 - 9 thousand easy bucks and what do you think is going to happen? They gon' buy up all the whips and ride.

Most new vehicles have 10 to 20 modules, the new Silverado has 7 cameras, A lady came in a while back and broke her drivers mirror on a 2021 2500 Silverado the mirror was 1200 dollars, the new 2021 corvette I worked on last week has 9 recalls most little things but one was electric brake booster/master cylinder/ abs pump in one unit nightmare to replace 9 quarts of brake fluid to bleed system.

Back
Top Bottom