• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are my 6.5 Grendel Shooters?

Glockspeed31

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Ok guys, I just ordered my parts to build my upper and just wanted to see where everyone is getting their ammo & mags.
I know there were a few of you back the end of last year to the beginning of this year, you still shooting the 6.5G?

Looking to build my oldest daughter one for shorter course PRS matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FYI, Primary Arms has a 16" Bear Creek Armory barrel for $80. http://www.primaryarms.com/B6-5CM41618-SS
I know there is a lot of crap said about BCA, but I'm willing to take a chance on it. Going to use it as a cheap ammo shooter/plinker. I also got a BCG for it for $100 elsewhere.

Bought an upper for my 7yo to deer hunt with this year and also for a howa mini action for me. ;)

Going to sight in the bolt gun this weekend.

My 7yo at 100 yards the second group he tried. ELDM hornady. Gonna work some more at it this weekend, he loves the rifle.
20170827_114012.jpg

You only gain 50-80fps from a 16" to a 20". If she is small in stature, a 20" might be a little un-balanced. Just something to think about.

She's 5'09" 14 yrs old, and this is her with her 24" Savage 10 FCP. With an Armageddon Gear bag on the front she manages pretty well.

05ba11d3e190550ff3d35eb83ad407a9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used ballistic advantage on three kinda budget builds builds ( to me a budget build is 1000 bucks). With the right ammo they will shoot better than 1MOA. As a matter of fact they guarantee it. So if you can't find ammo that nets you 1MOA or better send it back and get another. I just ordered one of their BA Hanson barrels that are getting rave reviews. I will let you know how it goes when I put it together. With hand loads they will shoot one ragged holes. i have to say for the price they are a great value barrel. They are kinda one of those diamonds in the rough barrels.

BA 16" pencil barrel with a shrouded muzzle brake and a lightweight $100 tube is all a lady needs.

Faxon pencil barrels are on sale now too.

Back
Top Bottom