• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where did you take Basic training or Boot Camp?

Nice... I did Lackland AFB in June / July 1976....
Then I spent the next, almost 4 years in Vance AFB in Enid, OK....

I see they kept you in one location for a while. After basic I was sent to Lowery in Denver where I spent the next 6 months at Lowery AFB doing my basic electronics training followed specialty school. Next it was of the Langley AFB in Hampton for over a year and finished the remainder of my enlistment in Bitburg Germany. I do miss the German food, have had nothing quite like it after coming back.

MCRD San Diego 2005
MCRD San Diego 2011-2014 Drill instructor

Semper Fi

1524b67fcc682c0d45f0e3bd85a04984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S.C.G. Cape May, New Jersey....1971.....13 weeks.....My Unit participated in a 6 week all Branches survey with the USA, USN, USMC and USAF.....for comparisons in types and styles of training. Believe it or not we were ranked # 2 as being the toughest behind the Marines. The last place finishers were the USAF.
I did the same 1966 Golf 65

Great Lakes for boot camp, San Diego for A school, stationed at Mayport Naval Station for the duration of my 4 years. SK striker. Feb 73-Nov 76.

fort benning

2010?? maybe, or 2009 lol i cant remember alot of it except for certain snippets

i do remeber getting punched in the face by a drill seargeant like the last week before we left (he really was not supposed to do that but whatever lol)

Back
Top Bottom