• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where does Captain D’s get their flounder?

After high school we would take a 'head boat' (for the number of people you could cram on board) to the Long Island Sound.
(we're talking North here, boys.) You would board around 6am and return 4-5 in the afternoon. The guy I went with never fished, only played poker there and back. We would reel in flounder after flounder, all day long. Good times. I'm not sure what that restaurant sells but it's a real fish and really tasty. Hell, maybe they only grow above the M/D line. They wouldn't tell me.
Oh no they grow down here . I get them on st simons / Brunswick area of GA . Good story.

I must admit that I still like some Captain D's every once in a while. They have good unsweetened tea and fried okra. But my second job back in 87 was at the one on Pio Nono Ave in South Macon and that broke me off of ever working in food service again. I was young and ignorant and thought I'd leave from work on a Friday night and go party with my friends. But what I didn't realize was that I was coated in a layer of cooking oil and the smell of fried fish and hush puppies. I guess I should have been looking for fat girls after work.
nothing like a little "Hoggin" after work

Did someone say "flounder?"
ejY1PMD.gif

Back
Top Bottom