• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Which book?

Seems many folks are foolishly too lazy to read today. There's much truth in the term "the devil's in the details!"

You don't get the details at websites. Buy as many as you can find. If you're going with Lee equipment buy Lee's manual.

If you're shooting a lot of cast lead, the old Lyman manual is great. Shooting Sierra bullets, get a Sierra manual.

I have manuals that are more than 40 years old that have great info in them.

For safety's sake and for your genuine understanding of the hows and whys of how things work don't skimp on the manuals.

The old outdated load data in the old ones doesn't matter. The techniques and information found in them is priceless. They're worth their weight in gold.

I ain't into heavy reading at all, but I can sit down with any one of these manuals and entertain the hell out of myself.

There's too much stuff on the interwebs that's just plain wrong!

My two cents on understanding the safest surest ways of handcrafting great shooting ammo. CD

Bingo.. +1 for CDogs comments

40 plus years of reloading and have an entire library of manuals and continue to add newer ones

If your going to go with lee, and use the scoops. I'd recommend Richard Lee's "Modern Reloading" it covers all the basics of reloading -- however it does have some "sales pitch" on his equipment when discussing components, but not so much to overshadow the learning. It also has some safe starting loads that use the lee measuring spoons. That will get you started. I have also seen it for sale with presses in the past.
Midway has a good price on it now: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/639649/lee-modern-reloading-2nd-edition-revised-reloading-manual

Back
Top Bottom