Which one would you carry & why?

:clap2: You've got her carrying! I have yet to win that battle.

Yeah... me either. My wife tried it for a few days but we were both worried she would carry it someplace she shouldn't.
Unfortunately either she or one of her close friends will have to either become a victim or have a very close call before her mindset will change,

That is usually the catalyst for many ladies who come out.

Last edited:
Out of your selection, the G19 ... Summertime in shorts I carry my G43... Winter carry, one of my G19's or my Gen 4 G29 in a Remora behind my back or OWB holster..... My G19 Gen 2 weighs 30.4 ounces with 16 rounds of 115 +P. My G29 with 11 rounds of 180 gr XTP's comes in at 33.5 ounces... 16 rounds of 9mm with 500 ft/lbs or 11 rounds of 10mm with 750 ft/lbs of muzzle energy?

Yeah, a lot of folks use a "two-gun" approach.
One for summer & one for winter.

It is a lot easier to conceal a larger gun in winter clothing.

Yeah, a lot of folks use a "two-gun" approach.
One for summer & one for winter.

It is a lot easier to conceal a larger gun in winter clothing.

Yep... wearing a G29 today OWB Kydex..... I agree with your 1911 comments.... I tried it for years and prefer carrying a Glock for many reasons....

Last edited:
I don't buy the "platform familiarity" school of thought. The only thing that is common amongst these, is that they do not have a manual safety.

I didnt either till someone broke into my house in the middle of the night & I woke up in the dark, full of adrenalin, & coukdnt remember which gun I was usi g that week.
I was paralyzed trying to figure out, "Safety/ no safety... "long heavy trigger, short, crisp trigger", frame safety/ slide safety"
I got lucky & it worked out but that feeling of vulnerability did it for me.

With shooters in classes & in competitions I've generally found the old adage to be true of, "Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it".

In my experience few people take the time or have the resources to become very, very proficient with one gun much less several.

But we're all adults here & make our own decisions.
(No insult or sarcasm intended in case there is any question)☺

I carry SW MP9C, GF carries SW Shield, dad carries SW MP9, my buddy carries Glock 19, other buddy carries a compact Kimber.. not sure which model, but it's a 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom