Which one would you carry & why?

Just added a S&W M&P 9mm Shield (again) back to the "loaner" herd.
Interestingly I weighed it vs. a G-42 & 43 and found out the following:
G-42... 14 oz.
G-43....18 oz.
Shield. 20 oz.

Those are unloaded weights.

SIG P938 when I need deep concealment or pocket carry or a backup in tougher hoods. This is a very sweet shooter. SIG P239 in 9MM is also super easy to conceal and such an accurate pistol usually carry IWB. Glock 19 in tougher hoods and on the trails when hiking. May use belt holster on the trails otherwise IWB with my new fav Nightingale Leather holster. Smith 442 is also an easy to conceal pistol often used as secondary carry. The main thing is carry is key. Love the 1911 platform at the range but rarely carry.

SIG P938 when I need deep concealment or pocket carry or a backup in tougher hoods. This is a very sweet shooter. SIG P239 in 9MM is also super easy to conceal and such an accurate pistol usually carry IWB. Glock 19 in tougher hoods and on the trails when hiking. May use belt holster on the trails otherwise IWB with my new fav Nightingale Leather holster. Smith 442 is also an easy to conceal pistol often used as secondary carry. The main thing is carry is key. Love the 1911 platform at the range but rarely carry.

We do all have our preferences.
When it has been your occupation for years & you've watched hundreds & hundreds of shooters & the problems that they have to work through you form your opinions based on those experiences... but at the end of the day, as you said, carry is key.

P protective measures , no love for the .380? I have a pile of choices but I love my Glock 42. It's a pleasure to shoot and so easy to conceal anywhere, any time.

Yes, while I have offered the Smith Bodyguard & Ruger LCP often, the G-42 is by far the one most preferred by the ladies. It is a staple preferred by not just the ladies for its shootability, easy trigger, & lighter recoil but is also a favorite among men for their EDC gun.

For a variety of reasons many men prefer a smaller gun for EDC, leaving the larger one at home or in the vehicle.
Its shown in the pic. at the start of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom