• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Which Powder (Redding Match Grade Measure)

Well checked for it and I can't find H 322 anywhere? It looks like it will work fine in the measure. Thanks everyone.

Is H 4895 the same diameter?

H4895 is gonna be a little longer grain. It does make good gas volume in lower charges and burns pretty clean. I use it sometimes in my ar-15 carbines. I think it is an unsung powder in this regard.

For those in the West Metro area, even though the Ga. Arms website is shutdown their store front in Villa Rica is open. I was just there and their powder inventory looked to be in good shape.

Business is very good! I didn't ask about loaded ammo, but I saw well stocked shelves of the popular powders many of us use.(Including H322)

I picked up some more 230 grain .451's and a couple more pounds of CFE. I'm about to start a long run of 150 grain .308's and thought I'd give the CFE a whirl.

Our gun club will be placing an order of hazmat items in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping I'll be able to buy some larger lots of Universal, H322, Varget and my other high volume powders/primers then.

Loaded up 50 rounds of H322 and it metered very nicely. It is somewhat economical starting load 21 grains. If you double throw a (min) charge it will overflow the case just a bit. I checked.

I'll get out and test this on Sunday before training a fellow worker on how to shoot a pistol.

A pot of gold

i49.tinypic.com_25quowj.jpg

Generic round for all my .223's, where to crimp?

i47.tinypic.com_zlwxas.jpg

Right about there

i45.tinypic.com_35at7bm.jpg

Bullet seated to depth then a Lee taper crimp applied. The collets form a nice factory style crimp.

i49.tinypic.com_9h85e1.jpg

Load up a few (to test in a bolt and semi) and pick the best of the litter. I avoid loading a 1K of rounds only to find they fed poorly and the OAL needs adjusted. It's best to load a few and try them.

i47.tinypic.com_2lniijk.jpg

One will often find a larger group starting then smaller and smaller groups until they begin to open up. This can vary from weapon to weapon.

Last edited:
That Redding is a verygood unit.... probably one of the best. You are doing somthing wrong. You may be using the wrong size green tip

Make sure the tip hole is smaller than case neck opening. My Redding throws the CFE223 (probably the finest grain ball) easily without spill.

Older version 1680 is very fine also but throws easily.

You probably misplaced the extra size tips than came with redding.

Make sure the tip hole is smaller than case neck opening. My Redding throws the CFE223 (probably the finest grain ball) easily without spill.

Older version 1680 is very fine also but throws easily.

You probably misplaced the extra size tips than came with redding.

The measure is 23 years old and no "tips" came with it when I purchased it. Do you have a link to what tips you are alluding to. The 223 CFE powder is next but I need to know the size of the granules to see if it will work well for me.

The clear Green screw on tips that case mouth is shoved into. You should have a smaller diameter for small cases such as 223 and a larger diameter for larger cases such as 45/70. What is the hole diameter of your tip? It should be smaller than .223 to work with 223.

Call Redding or Sinclair to order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom