• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Which Powder (Redding Match Grade Measure)

Here is a picture of two different size tips matched to correct caliber. You can see why the .223 case neck would not seal to tip with larger opening. These green tips are easy to exchange.

i49.tinypic.com_25uk3us.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a picture of two different size tips matched to correct caliber. You can see why the .223 case neck would not seal to tip with larger opening. These green tips are easy to exchange.

i49.tinypic.com_25uk3us.jpg

It's the one on the left and seems correct for .223/.243 and .308. I have used it for .44 and it works fine as well. The narrow drop tube slows the powder down and you have to give it a couple of seconds to dispense.

Thanks for the information. I'll contact Redding and probably get a spare tip or two just to have.

Last edited:
I thought I'd report back and thank you guys for the powder suggestion (H322). It meters great in my measure but how does it produce?

I ended up sticking with 23 grains of H322 (the upper end tested) and obtained in a Savage 110FP bolt gun an average of 2992 FPS and a Rock River Arms 16" AR-15 an average of 2,753 FPS. Not barn burners but respectable and accurate.

Groupings, well the pics tell the story but I failed to clearly see the 3/4" dot at range and had to draw around the dot for the AR-15 (1" red dot holographic sight) in order to put rounds on target.

Savage 110FP and RRA AR-15 (some 7.62x39 shot as well)

i41.tinypic.com_2zgvhhf.jpg

Ruger 77 with some .308 Win. in the mix too and GA. Arms .223 ammo tossed in the mix center target.

i44.tinypic.com_1z2f4hh.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_4q0y74.jpg

6" plate/200 yds. stock out of the box rifle.

i43.tinypic.com_2e6aqlv.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom