"While hunting or camping"

IMG_20180712_073145.jpg
Open carry without a license is illegal and has been the law for decades.
To carry a firearm and some other weapons you must have a GWL.
Not completely true. http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

No, this is why I specifically said a WMA road, and not any county road. State game wardens can go where they want though.

Just can’t have it loaded in a car, while hunting, unless you have a concealed carry permit. Don’t have your rifle loaded in the car, or 50 ft from the road.
WMA? You might have been thinking WMA but you weren't typing WMA. LOL

You really believe that there are LE in this country that have the LEGAL right enter private property without a warrant or probable cause? SMH.
Only because you will allow them to do so.

Since 1910, people in Georgia have had to have a license to carry, openly and fully exposed, any pistol or revolver IF they are carrying that firearm at a place other than their own home, their vehicle (and in the vehicle it HAD to be fully exposed to view from all angles, until just several years ago when we got that law amended), and their own "place of business."

So while you didn't need a GWL to tote a pistol on your hip while you hosted a BBQ for your friends, your friends WOULD need GWL's to attend this event while armed on someone else's property. Even if they carry openly.

(Unless they don't really "carry" but simply transport or possess an unloaded gun that's fully enclosed in a case or bag.)

Since 1910, people in Georgia have had to have a license to carry, openly and fully exposed, any pistol or revolver IF they are carrying that firearm at a place other than their own home, their vehicle (and in the vehicle it HAD to be fully exposed to view from all angles, until just several years ago when we got that law amended), and their own "place of business."

So while you didn't need a GWL to tote a pistol on your hip while you hosted a BBQ for your friends, your friends WOULD need GWL's to attend this event while armed on someone else's property. Even if they carry openly.

(Unless they don't really "carry" but simply transport or possess an unloaded gun that's fully enclosed in a case or bag.)

I’d really like to see a court case where a person was convicted of a gun law violation for open carrying his BBQ gun at a friend’s house party...when invited by his host/landowner to do so.

And I’m really tempted to invite a hundred or so folks to my house for free bbq...as long as they will open carry and don’t have a GWL.

And then I’d like to call the local/national news, the NRA, other 2nd Amendment right’s groups...then make sure the ANTIFA and other radical anti gun folks were notified. And then I’d like to notify the local and state authorities that we we doing this open carry by my friends at this bbq in direct defiance of any state or local ordinances that would try to limit our 2nd amendment right to not only keep, but BEAR arms.

In other words...here we are. Come and take them.

And perhaps we should be call it a local militia?

I’d really like to see a court case where a person was convicted of a gun law violation for open carrying his BBQ gun at a friend’s house party...when invited by his host/landowner to do so.

And I’m really tempted to invite a hundred or so folks to my house for free bbq...as long as they will open carry and don’t have a GWL.

And then I’d like to call the local/national news, the NRA, other 2nd Amendment right’s groups...then make sure the ANTIFA and other radical anti gun folks were notified. And then I’d like to notify the local and state authorities that we we doing this open carry by my friends at this bbq in direct defiance of any state or local ordinances that would try to limit our 2nd amendment right to not only keep, but BEAR arms.

In other words...here we are. Come and take them.

And perhaps we should be call it a local militia?
I’ll leave my GWL at home and claim I don’t have one if it means free BBQ.

If Lionheart publicized the event as an act of armed defiance among folks WITHOUT carry permits, sure, the cops could assume you dont have one.
They can arrest you on probable cause.

Back
Top Bottom