• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

While reading is forum

813diablo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
I didn’t have any work to do yesterday so I decided to hit the woods. Woke up at 3 o’clock in the morning and Joel 2 1/2 hours to my hunting spot. Climbed up a tree next to a creek Crossing. It was a quiet cold morning, I didn’t even see a squirrel until 8 AM. That is when I decided to take out my phone and checked on the weekends hunts, I was reading through the form for about 45 minutes when I heard deer crossing the creek. I quickly put my phone away and picked up the rifle To see if it was a buck or a doe but there were too many limbs in the way and I couldn’t get a clear picture of it. All of a sudden I hear a doe hissing from my right. I thought I was busted but she wasn’t even looking up at me, she started trotting away and I hear a grunt following her. At this time I had already laid down my rifle on the Treestand, a buck was coming in for fast right under my tree stand my heart started beating fast but I was frozen. As he walked behind a tree I went for my rifle And knocked over my phone, it seem like a good 10 minutes before I hit the ground and order that was going through my head was “oh damn I screwed it up!” When the phone hit the ground and made a loud thud it didn’t even bother him. He had other things on his mind at this time. He was about 15 yards away from me; vitals behind a tree with his neck and head sticking out. It’s took me a bit of thinking to decide to take the neck shot but I am glad I did because he dropped right in his tracks. This is my first book with this gun And my biggest buck out of this piece of public land.

Attachments

• 3584D4A8-B9EA-4C7C-B076-DC11E3A7C41E.jpeg
    3584D4A8-B9EA-4C7C-B076-DC11E3A7C41E.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 167
Back
Top Bottom