• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

White House Petition to Stop any legislation that will ban "assualt weapons"

How many signed up for this petition?

• Total voters
I am just wondering when he became such an expert on gun control, specifically when he became an expert on what disturbed young men prefer weapoon wise when they decide to attack... hm.
I am also wondering if he forgot (since quite obviously he prefers the way his home country is ran as opposed to the one he currently works and lives in) that Delta and various other airlines still have flights that fly over to England multiple times a day.

Call me crazy but you have to be an absolute fool to think that banning guns in America is going to solve the crime issues we have... it didn't work with drugs, it didn't work with prohibition, it hasn't worked with child molestation... at what point do these idiots realize criminals do not care abotu laws...?? Banning guns does only one thing and that is leaving innocent, law abiding people at a disadvantage when it comes to defending themselves and their homes because in the end a criminal will ALWAYS find a way to get what they need to commit a crime to get something they want.

I'm sorry I did not vote for armed well trained guards. That would be awesome but feasible? It’s yet another significant burden on the tax payer. The initial step should be repealing the G.D. "gun free school zones". Where have all the mass shootings occurred? What benefit has this left anti-gun supported law accomplished? How about the liability have we incurred?

The second allow honest citizens the right to carry in a school such as what Georgia does currently but with more latitude and less risk to honest.

Third mental health screen staff that volunteer and are selected to discreet carry in the classrooms. Given "reasonable" training requirements (not like New York’s Gun "reasonable" Permit system-that never issues any permits x years) and recertify annually.

Those polls serve us little in my opinion as they narrow the issue to much and ignore real issues but hey if you want to ban assault weapons it's there. Go figure, just who post these up for petition? I'm thinking of starting a new petition. I need to think some on it. So who gets this information and how is it used or is this just a venting forum that goes nowhere? Do our Reps get it?

Edit, ok what the heck I voted for the NRA well trained school guards. Perhaps it will help?

Last edited:
I'm sorry I did not vote for armed well trained guards. That would be awesome but feasible? It’s yet another significant burden on the tax payer. The initial step should be repealing the G.D. "gun free school zones". Where have all the mass shootings occurred? What benefit has this left anti-gun supported law accomplished? How about the liability have we incurred?

The second allow honest citizens the right to carry in a school such as what Georgia does currently but with more latitude and less risk to honest.

Third mental health screen staff that volunteer and are selected to discreet carry in the classrooms. Given "reasonable" training requirements (not like New York’s Gun "reasonable" Permit system-that never issues any permits x years) and recertify annually.

Those polls serve us little in my opinion as they narrow the issue to much and ignore real issues but hey if you want to ban assault weapons it's there. Go figure, just who post these up for petition? I'm thinking of starting a new petition. I need to think some on it. So who gets this information and how is it used or is this just a venting forum that goes nowhere? Do our Reps get it?

Edit, ok what the heck I voted for the NRA well trained school guards. Perhaps it will help?

My wife couldn't have children, so I feel like we are being raped paying $1700 or so in school taxes now; but the loss of innocence in Newtown, CT should never happen again, and in MY opinion, trained and armed personnel within schools walls will be the only way to deter it, and I don't mind paying a little more to help that cause! Just saying!

My wife couldn't have children, so I feel like we are being raped paying $1700 or so in school taxes now; but the loss of innocence in Newtown, CT should never happen again, and in MY opinion, trained and armed personnel within schools walls will be the only way to deter it, and I don't mind paying a little more to help that cause! Just saying!

I think that if 3 teachers (3:1 ratio) were armed (trained concealed discreetly) the impact would have been significant, at least historically speaking.

Hiring one security guard in uniform and refusing to arm staff volunteers is putting all your trust in one highly visible person and is unwise. I think we all know this would be the response and many would say thank goodness. To me he would be the first casualty, the rest would follow.

Care to venture how many well trained guards oversee security at Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, where Obama's kids attend school?

It has 11 security officers and is seeking to hire a new police officer. NBC's David Gregory send their kids to Sidwell as well.

I think that if 3 teachers (3:1 ratio) were armed (trained concealed discreetly) the impact would have been significant, at least historically speaking.

Hiring one security guard in uniform and refusing to arm staff volunteers is putting all your trust in one highly visible person and is unwise. I think we all know this would be the response and many would say thank goodness. To me he would be the first casualty, the rest would follow.

Care to venture how many well trained guards oversee security at Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, where Obama's kids attend school?

It has 11 security officers and is seeking to hire a new police officer. NBC's David Gregory send their kids to Sidwell as well.

Quite frankly, I don't how many it would take to properly secure a school, that is not my area of expertise, and the reason I didn't put a number, to include the # 1. But I do know that it has to happen, because banning assault weapons is certainly not the answer, I do know that much!

Back
Top Bottom