• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

White House to Push Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un effing real. Has no chance of passing but will be pressed by the muslim-in-chief and will jack up prices for another year!!! 2012 can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea. That's what I said.

Too bad all gun shops will cash in on it by jacking the prices up again. ($20 AR mags, $400 cases of ammo, $1500 Bushmasters, etc.)

I'm going to try and get powder and primers while they're available.

Your right too. This is what really grinds my gears. These gun dealers look for any reason to jack the prices up.

I have no problem with the states doing a better job of getting their mental health databases in order, for the purpose of preventing lunatics from buying guns. But wait...the Virgina Tech tragedy was nearly four years ago, and they were supposed to be addressing the mental health/gun buying issue. So what happened? Pretty much nothing. Why? Because we have ineffectual, self-serving government, led by lying, self-serving politicians.

Which is why Americans need to be armed in the first place.

Mental health is a tough issue. CDC data shows 10% of U.S. adult is affected by some form of depression, and not all are in treatment. Many people in the VA Tech and Arizona shootings, knew the shooters and feared them, but nothing could be done. Our society has no effective way to deal with individuals like that, until they commit an act that harm themselves or others, and there lies the problem that needs to be fixed.

Gun screening for mental health can only do so much, there will always be ones that slip through the system, especially if they never get medical treatment. The gun control crowd are not interested in solving problems, they just want to use any excuse to get guns out of law abiding citizens' hands; no amount of reasoning or statistics will change their minds because they are driven by emotion and not rational thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom