• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Drives a MUSCLE Car - lets see'em

My dang mouse is double clicking. Every time I click like I have to do it 3 more times. Time for a new mouse and keyboard.

Difference between sports car and muscle car?
Difference between muscle car and sports car
engine
One of the biggest differences between a sports car and a muscle car is the engine. Muscle cars have big, powerful V-8s or better that give them the "muscle" in their name. Sports cars, on the other hand, have smaller engines that might still be powerful, but often because they are accompanied by forced induction.

Sports car=good in the curves, doesn’t have to be fast (Miata).
Muscle car=good on the straights, doesn’t have to be good at anything else, hence my Cobra.
Difference between muscle car and sports car
engine
One of the biggest differences between a sports car and a muscle car is the engine. Muscle cars have big, powerful V-8s or better that give them the "muscle" in their name. Sports cars, on the other hand, have smaller engines that might still be powerful, but often because they are accompanied by forced induction.

4.jpg

1969 RS Camaro Sm Block 350 TH350 Trans

So fast car with v8 & v10 = muscle car
Fast car with V4 & V6 = sports car

I think handling has to come into play. Otherwise this doesn't sound right. All the cars below are V10!

bugatti.jpg
mercedes.jpg
audi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom