Who else struggles with pizza?

mattp38

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
20   0
Reaction score
I love pizza! Used to be a favorite food of mine. My body just can't seem to handle it like it used to. It doesn't matter where I get it from. Chain restaurants, privately owned restaurants, store bought... It all seems to have the same affect. Hence why I'm posting after 2:30 in the morning :). I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give it up. Tired of the pepto song, "nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, yay Pepto Bismol!" Anybody else have this problem? :)

No, can't say I do. But as a type one diabetic pizza is equivalent to suicide, love it but damn, I near have to shoot a whole vial to knock down my bg when I eat it, But I still eat it.

Last edited:
No, can't say I do. But as a type one diabetic pizza is equivalent to suicide, love it but damn, I near have to shoot a whole vial to knock down my bg when I eat it, But I still eat it.
I don't know if it's the grease or what, but something kills me every time! It sucks, cuz I love it!

Have you tried ordering one with less sauce or less of anything containing a lot of fat? Start by ordering one with less sauce and if it still happens order the next one with less pepperoni and so on.

A tablespoon of Braggs raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water will take care of any issues...heartburn, indigestion, acid reflux, etc.

Luckily I don't have any issues but I've seen that mentioned and people swear by it.

Any issues with other foods with tomato? I used to love V8 and tomato juice. Now it works on me, no issue with other sauces though, strange.

switch to thin crust. if you can make it yourself go that route.

i make thin crust whole wheat dough (it tastes better than it sounds.. trust me). they are white pizza's (as in i use olive oil and a bunch of seasonings)... and lots of veggies. working on finding a diabetic friendly option... since i am pretty sure i am destined to have it. :(

thin crust is DA bOMMB!

Any issues with other foods with tomato? I used to love V8 and tomato juice. Now it works on me, no issue with other sauces though, strange.
I seem to be ok with tomato most of the time. Occasionally get heartburn. But nothing like the sickness I get from pizza.

Back
Top Bottom