• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who got drawn for what quota hunts

hikingthehills hikingthehills heck yeah man, I got selected for Hard Labor creek too! You'll have to give me a holler when its drawing near. I am down there every week or so, and will be scouting around until the hunt...On second thought, you seem to leave dead deer behind you wherever you go...Maybe I should keep my location classified....LOL

Yep, I got drawn for the very first hunt they ever had. It was an good hunt. I'll have to see if the rules have changed but on that first hunt you had to take a doe and check it in before you were allowed to take a buck. The first 7 deer I saw were bucks and 2 were BIG,I mean BIG. I shot a doe the second morning in the rain and never saw another buck I could shoot. When I drug the doe out to the truck there was a 10 pointer standing 30 yds from my truck. All I could do was watch him. My luck I guess

Nah, they do not have to be in any kind of order. You can shoot whatever walks out in front of you, and can shoot one buck and one doe per day. A possibility of 4 deer in 2 days, without using your regular deer tags.

Have you hunted at Hard Labor before? This will be my first time going there. I had a ton of points put up from the last 10 years so I figured I would put them to use!

It's a good hunt. Beautiful old hardwoods, lots of streams, some nice up and down terrain, and plenty of deer. I've been once and killed a pretty nice 8 point the first day.

hikingthehills hikingthehills heck yeah man, I got selected for Hard Labor creek too! You'll have to give me a holler when its drawing near. I am down there every week or so, and will be scouting around until the hunt...On second thought, you seem to leave dead deer behind you wherever you go...Maybe I should keep my location classified....LOL
Oh heck yeah brother! This is going to be an awesome hunt, I’ll give you a shout tomorrow!

Reactions: MRH
Me and some buddies put in as a group for rum creek, 1st hunt, and got picked. We did the rum creek 2nd hunt last year and I was successful in dropping two does on the last day. Talked to the wildlife biologist and he showed me some trail camera pics of some massive bucks, told me to come talk to him this year before the hunt and would tell me where they are.

Me and some buddies put in as a group for rum creek, 1st hunt, and got picked. We did the rum creek 2nd hunt last year and I was successful in dropping two does on the last day. Talked to the wildlife biologist and he showed me some trail camera pics of some massive bucks, told me to come talk to him this year before the hunt and would tell me where they are.
I need to find me one of those wildlife biologist to point me in the right direction!:pound:

Any body get drawn for the first hunt at berry wma? I got drawn for the first hunt and I never have hunted there before. I was looking for any tips that can be passed along. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom