Who had a 17-18 Silverado ?

Npowers66

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
358   1
Reaction score
So I bought a new Silverado last September. I already put 19k miles on it. I noticed a popping noise coming from the rear. Sounds like leaf springs or shocks. It’s when the truck rocks, or goes over inclines when turning at low speeds. It just sound like some knocking. I took it in to the dealer ship and at first they said the Ujoints and drive shaft needed to be lubed. I told them the knocking noise isn’t coming from the shaft or I joints buts said whatever and picked it up. As soon as I pulled out it made the noise. I turned back in an took the tech and service writer for a ride. They both heard the noise. Left it with them again. They told me they test drove a few Silverados on the lot and the all make the noise. The retorqued everything to factory spec and greased the leafs springs. Anybody else notice it ? It’s actually loud enough to be annoying. No other issues with the truck other than the noise. I found this video on you tube. However my noise is more noticible it seems.

Go trade it in for a Ford or Toyota. I'm not joking either... at least go talk to a dealer and see what kind of trade value they'll give you for it.

Sounds more drivetrain related than suspension to me. How long have you been noticing the noise? It sounds like your dealership has learned from Ford. Take steps to figure out how to mask a problem, then tell you that it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom