• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here drives a BMW?

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Well, after much thought and hate for my SUV, I decided to get a new car. I went with a 2011 BMW 328i. I gotta say I miss having a trunk to keep goodies in. Never felt comfortable with leaving items in my SUV. This car has too many damn buttons though. I read the 238 page manual and I still dont know how to work everything.

Does anybody else own a bmw? I know many people complain about high priced oil changes and all that but I did the math and it will cost me less to maintain this bmw then it would my POS equinox.

She sure is a sexy bish.

i41.tinypic.com_2drtmz9.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_1y4jms.jpg

Why would you lay a pistol on the hood to possibly scratch it if it slides off? I came real close to buying a BMW until I went to a local German car repair shop and asked how much it would cost to maintain it. After consulting with the mechanic I opted to buy another Maxima, but one day I will drive a beamer! when I get over 50 and my driving record clears. :car:

I went with a Mini... why be normal? And driving a go-cart to work every day is fun.

Most of my parts have a BMW part number though... so, in a way. I'm driving a BMW. ;)

Had a 5 series a few years ago. Find a good mechanic outside of BMW and it will save you on the service costs.

Honestly though, they go pretty long between service intervals. That was the first car I ever owned that went over 10K miles with before the system indicated it needed service. I called BMW at 7K and inquired if something was broken because the indicator lights weren't showing service was needed yet. They told me the computer monitors everything and don't worry about it until the system says you need it.

The parts are high. They aren't "do it yourself" friendly for service. Solid cars though. I sold mine to a friend that got 285K doing nothing but replacing normal wear parts then he wrecked it.

Why would you lay a pistol on the hood to possibly scratch it if it slides off? I came real close to buying a BMW until I went to a local German car repair shop and asked how much it would cost to maintain it. After consulting with the mechanic I opted to buy another Maxima, but one day I will drive a beamer! when I get over 50 and my driving record clears. :car:

Warranty my friend. Plus I have a close personal friend who is a bmw tech. So its no biggie for me. He hated working on my Chevy equinox

I had 528i with the sports package at one time. It was fun to drive and the handling was hands down the best. My only complaint is when somthing goes wrong and you have to have it repaired, it gets costly quick!! Btw that's nice.

Back
Top Bottom