• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here drives a BMW?

so you telling me no other manufacturer makes defective products? Everybody does. Some do it a LOT more than others. Any mechanical device can miss quality control and have flaws. It happens.

They all do some are just more expensive than others. If you consider the cost of ownership, the poor guy in the video obviously decided that his cost of ownership far exceeded what his vehicle is worth. I know a guy who got suckered into buying a Toyota hybrid because he could save so much in gas, well when his" inverter" or whatever went out and was not covered under warranty he could not afford the $7K repair bill and was forced to trade it in. Already upside down on new vehicle purchase plus his trade-in, plus repair well you get the idea. Some vehicles just cost more to own and BMW is one of them.

The problem with most BMW's is the owner. People are clueless when it comes to cars. They run out and buy a 5 series and treat it like a Chevy Malibu. Sorry no go. BMW is highly engineered finley tuned automobile and yes they require a fair amount of maintance compared to a car that is built with much broader tollerances on critical parts. Try stopping a Cobalt or Malibu or Avenger from 100 to 0 in the shortest distance. (If you can get one to go that fast and live) The Audi is much the same, my personal pref. would not be an Audi. Just my 2 cents.

The problem with most BMW's is the owner. People are clueless when it comes to cars. They run out and buy a 5 series and treat it like a Chevy Malibu. Sorry no go. BMW is highly engineered finley tuned automobile and yes they require a fair amount of maintance compared to a car that is built with much broader tollerances on critical parts. Try stopping a Cobalt or Malibu or Avenger from 100 to 0 in the shortest distance. (If you can get one to go that fast and live) The Audi is much the same, my personal pref. would not be an Audi. Just my 2 cents.

Yep.

I drive and own a 03 2500hd duramax 4x4 04 Tahoe 4x4 and a 05 Silverado 4x4. I work on and drive over 500 different vehicles a year, and BMWs and Mercedes then anything Chrysler I would not own. Sorry that is just my own Opinion

you entitled to an opinion. While where on the subject though. just curious. What kind of vehicle do you drive?

i43.tinypic.com_2ibc70j.jpg

I drive and own a 03 2500hd duramax 4x4 04 Tahoe 4x4 and a 05 Silverado 4x4. I work on and drive over 500 different vehicles a year, and BMWs and Mercedes then anything Chrysler I would not own. Sorry that is just my own Opinion

Chyslers are pieces of ****.

- - - Updated - - -

They do make great brakes.

Like anything there are pros and cons. Here are the ones I discovered about bmw

Pros:

Its fast.
Its comfortable
It handles like a dream
Chicks dig um
an oil change lasts 15,000 miles
Has a computer system that does just about everything .

Cons:
Brake dust. That **** is annyoing.
Repairs can be costly
does not get that good of gas mileage and premium gas costs too much
people think your an asshole.
their windshields are too soft.

And last but not least : its very easy to get a speeding ticket without realizing your speeding

Last edited:
BMW7.jpgBMW4.jpg
I just got our first BMW this past spring. It is just a fourth vehicle and a play/weekend drop the top and go vehicle. So far we love it. Only has 74,000miles on it. 1997 328i. Fun little car. Not even a crack in the leather. Gotta replace the front speakers--that's its only issue.

1989 325ix 200k and going strong..

Attachments

• 1989 325ix.jpg
    1989 325ix.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22
  • downsized_0825131006.jpg
    downsized_0825131006.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 24
  • downsized_0825131007a.jpg
    downsized_0825131007a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 0601131940.jpg