• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WHO HERE HAS AN AIRPLANE???

Speaking of airplanes...got to right-seat in this guy down to Florida yesterday! Brand spankin' new Pilatus PC-12

Attachments

• IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4678.JPG
    IMG_4678.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7525.JPG
    IMG_7525.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9857.JPG
    IMG_9857.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9883.JPG
    IMG_9883.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 21
Yep. There are. You don't have to do a medical as often, but you do need one.

I don't think a light sport aircraft pilot requires a medical anymore. Something like a carbon cub would qualify. So would many kitplanes.

I'm glad the FAA has opened up these things. The medical requirement is antiquated and stupid. It really isn't needed anymore.
I don't think the sport pilot (driver lic) or Basic Med will be the panacea that folk think. A recent (2006) class 3 medical is still an entering argument for SP/BMed. Any known Med issue that would cause someone to fail class 3 exam will probably still keep them out of cockpit under the"relaxed" rules. Hopefully it will help some aviation enthusiasts to get back in an airplane. The FAA website explains it all in detail and this AOPA article goes into much detail. https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/pilots/medical/fit-to-fly-physician-guide
Fly on!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Speaking of airplanes...got to right-seat in this guy down to Florida yesterday! Brand spankin' new Pilatus PC-12
Very nice; a bud of mine has a King Air 200 with all the glass screens. It's quite complex but I'm sure it's a joy to fly. FAA seems to be pushing in that direction with shutting down many VOR navaids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Interesting how the Feds are relaxing the medical quals for pilots but tightening them for truckers

I got a friend with artificial legs
He could never get a DOT medical card to be a trucker but he can pass the FAA

Interesting how the Feds are relaxing the medical quals for pilots but tightening them for truckers

I got a friend with artificial legs
He could never get a DOT medical card to be a trucker but he can pass the FAA

Depends.

That is probably what falls into a Statement of Demonstrated Ability territory. You ride around with an examiner-and they will see how they like your capabilities. Some are real good, some are jerkwads. If you run into the bad kind, you can have mega hassles getting their (sometimes completely arbitrary) opinion overruled.

Now that is SWEET!

That's my lottery plane. If I ever win a decent lottery, Imma buy hell out of one of those things!

(Be sure and tell your buddy to get recurrent sim training at least once a year. Most insurance companies require it, but it's a good idea either way. I know a guy who has a Citation 5, and he does regular sim training at flightsafety.... If the weather gets real sketchy, he jumps right on an airliner. He is smart.)

It was a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those avionics are amazing! General aviation has amazing stuff nowadays. I remember when I thought loran was supposed to be high tech (and those familiar with loran know what a crap sandwich it really was. That mess was so bad most of the time, I just turned it off and went to the next VOR.)

"Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect." — Captain A. G. Lamplugh, British Aviation Insurance Group, London. 1930

Back
Top Bottom